Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i have cooled off a little after last night, so i can better articulate this question. Has anyone out there EVER made fun some someone or talked sh1t (not in a fun, joking manner) to someone because they ride a slightly lesser than bike?

Incident in question happened last night. after 12 hours on the clock in the kitchen of a popular, local restraunt, i was in less than a great mood. stopped by a gas station to grab some smokes before i headed home. Pulled in and parked, saw a new GS500 sitting on the other side of an SUV. So inside, get my smokes and as i am walking out i see a couple fraternity guys making comments about the GS500 to its rider. "Hey, nice bike...could not afford a real one?" "What a POS", and so on. Then the one guy looks to the other and says, "When i get my '02 R1, i will be smoking everyone." Thinking they know each other and are joking, i look to the rider. He obviously does not know these guys and is busy getting his helmet on to leave. To prove my good mood, i did not just walk away from a fellow rider being dumped on. I stop and ask the guy what he rides. "Uh, nothing right now." "So, what have you ridden before?" "Well, this NEW bike will be my first." "You are getting an R1 as your first bike?" "Hell yes. I do not want to be seen on a p***y bike." I just laughed and smiled. I told the guy, "Well seeing as how you ride nothing, that GS500 is a sh1t ton faster than you on your little rosey huffy, and f**K you for running my insurance so high when your dumb a$$ wrecks on your new R1. What is keeping you from getting it? mommy not sent you the money yet?" Well, of course he did not like this. Seeing my helmet, he asked what i rode. Simply replied, "it did not matter, i could beat him rubbing one off and hoping on one leg." "Oh, and by the way, I love your music." He asked "what?" as he looked at his buddies. "Aren't you guys NySNC?" Well, i laughed, the girl behind the counter laughed and the guy getting on his bike started laughing. It was priceless seeming them fume with their jellied hair, trendy ear rings, and standing there all three wearing the same damn hawaiian shirts and khakki shorts. Well to end it, he made a gesture like he wanted to fight, a cop pulled up just about then, i winked at "Justin", got on my bike and rode off smiling. Sometimes it just amazes me. Feel better now :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
i agree with you. Finances have a lot to do with the type of ride you can get. Also who knows it cooould have been his dream ride . We all have differnet dreams and to have them made fun of someone whois only fantasizing bites. Good for you for being the stand up guy and stepping up to the punk wannabes

·
Registered
106 Posts
AMEN BRUTHER!!!!
I guarantee that idiot isn't paying cash for his "R1" either. Most of those bozo's finance their new bike and wreck it before it's paid for. IDIOTS. Personally I don't finance toys, if I can't afford to pay cash, then I wait. Reason I bought a 98 ZX6.

I hate people that give others a hard time like that. Yesterday I was leaving a bike rally here in Byram and a guy was pulling in on an older bike.... old style helmet, etc. I gave him a bigger wave than i did anyone else and a big thumbs up as well. He's riding for love of it. Not to impress chics or anyone else.

You did the right thing man! Never leave a brother in a situation. I'm teaching my kids now.... it's one thing NOT to do the wrong thing (like joining in making fun of that guy), but it's another to do the RIGHT thing (standing up for someone in a situation like that).:p

·
Registered
418 Posts
Whelp, speaking as one of those types of frat guys I'm gonna let you guys in on a little secret :D . It's the same thing as our eternal sportbikers vs. cops debate, where there's always some jerk offs making the whole breed look bad. Ok, in the fraternity case their happens to be a lot of them. But we're not all bad, hehe, I'd have to say I'm a very level headed rider largely thanks to the way I was taught and you guys here at sportbikeworld! I'm always getting calls for wheelies and burnouts when I have my bike over at the fraternity house, I don't ever do em though. I try and explain it to my bro's, and I can say they are at least SLOWLY learning the concept of squid.
Anywho, to make this post somewhat related to topic I'll say that trying to explain to those dudes why they were being idiots is probably a lost cause. I don't think there's really a way to get them to listen to anyone they don't know. But hey at least you got a friend on the inside trying to educate them now!! :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Good for you...I'm glad to hear that you have the ba11$ to stand up for people in that sitution. I probably would have done something similar...at least I'd like to think so. And by the way, I had a GS 500 and it was one of my favorite bikes. They're actually really fun to ride and I've beaten the crap out of a lot of guys on much faster bikes with it, too. They lost me on the straight aways, but we all know that's not where it counts, anyway. A good friend of mine roadraced for 5 years and puts us all to shame on a Bandit 400. :eek: And he loves that bike...so lets just say that none of us dare give him any $hi!.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am laughing right now:D :D . That was the shit, I wish I was there. I had that happen to me once. I have a 98 GSXR 750, and a 01 CBR 600 f4i. Hardley any thing to make fun of, but there is always that one punk that gets his kicks off by putting someone else down.:finger: Well I had my F4i at eork one day, and I had the seats furred out.:cool: (looked cool, but it was a bit tacky). This geek walks in and says, "is that your bike? It's F'n hiddiouse, I've seen mopeds that look better." So, I looked at him, and smiled, than asked him where his bike was.:p He started fumbeling cause his girl was with him, and he couldn't think of anything quick and witty. So I helped him out, "It's your moped is'nt it, your moped is cooler than my bike isn't it?":D :D "It's ok buddy I know your moped is probably pretty cool looking." His girl was practicly crackin up, and he was almost in tears. "what ever dude, what ever, I'm getting a new R1 soon, than I'll find you and smoke you" :crying: What a great moment in a bad day..... You want to see the bike he was making fun of, check out my photo gallery.:cool:

·
Registered
591 Posts
Ricerun01 said:
...and f**K you for running my insurance so high when your dumb a$$ wrecks on your new R1.
Hear, hear! Whilst some folks like to dump on Progressive Insurance, if nothing changes, it may soon be the only place folks who actually have the bad taste to practice a little common sense may be able to get insurance. Sounds like Progressive doesn't really want younger policy holders. If you're a younger, level-headed rider, I feel for ya, but based on the number of crashers, can you blame 'em?
If trends continue, I'm afraid squids like your 'friend' above are gonna screw up the sport for everybody.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Ricerun01 said:
Has anyone out there EVER made fun some someone or talked sh1t (not in a fun, joking manner) to someone because they ride a slightly lesser than bike?
Nope. You have to be a real pathetic, petty loser to bash a fellow rider's bike. Nothing wrong with making general statements like "I'm not into Harleys." or "Your Gixxer 750 is way too uncomfortable for my likes." But to make specific attacks like "Your bike is a POS for an old **ssy." is pathetic. You should re-evaluate your "love" of this sport and consider taking up big time wrasslin' or something.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
600f3rider,
i am not even sure they saw me ride off. hell, i did my time on a bandit 600 and i was just as proud of that bike as i am of the 'bus. :D Polished it religously like i do the 'bus. like was said earlier, as long as it has two wheels and you are smiling, it does not matter what kind of bike it is. we seem to be such a minority already on the road, we cannot bother bickering amongst ourselves. besides, i am selling the 'bus. found a deal on a wrecked '00 TL1000R. it is a pile of parts right now. hehehe. the fun part is turning the wrench and making it YOUR bike, not giving some dealer all your $$$. with the difference in money, i can make this TL trick and develop my track bike.

·
Registered
627 Posts
A good friend rides an old Virago 750 & my sister rides an older Honda criuser type, we have a blast running out to the coast together. We are all riders regardless of the ride. As was earlier stated everybody has their own ideas of a great bike & Robert so perfectly stated "as long as you're on two wheels & having fun, that's all that matters".
Seriously denigrating a person is a character flaw.

·
Registered
26 Posts
jerk on R1

Something happened to me the other day that ticked me off. I have had my bike for less than a month now, and love it. I am waiving at anyone on two wheels.:D So, the other day, on my way to the gym, feeling very good I should add; dude on an R1 pulls up next to me at a red light. Cool I'm thinking right? Not only a fellow sportbike rider but also a yamaha. So, I wave and shouted nice bike... this a$$hole looked down his nose at me and turned away, as if my R6 was inferior. I was like WHAT? Well, I retracted my greeting :finger: :D , and we went our separate ways. I was pissed for about 2.7 seconds :D .
With regards to the topic, if your on two wheels your my brotha... unless you piss me off:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was at a gas station awhile back some guy comes rollen in on a 10 speed .... shouts from across the parking lot nice girlie bike. I was looken around like who the heck is this fool talken too. Now he is walken my way thinking to myself this is getten ready to be ugly .... first words out of the guys mouth if i was on my R1 i'd bust that azz for ya. somehow kept my cool :mad: and just pulled away but not without showing my true feelings :finger: .. saw the same guy like two weeks later pushing his 10 speed with a flat ride by him like 10 mph :twofinger :twofinger laughing my azzz off.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Re: jerk on R1

RATED R said:
Well, I retracted my greeting :finger: :D , and we went our separate ways.
That a boy. If they don't wave back salute them with the old:finger: :finger: :finger: . However, some people nod so you have to be careful. Sometimes if i'm real busy with the clutch i over do the old head nod just to make sure they catch it.:D

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've been humbled am I gonna humble others?

In the past I've had ppl say to me, "that 2 stroke is a glorified lawnmower". Thats ok though cause it's mine and I like it and it's great fun and everyone has to learn on something and not everyone can afford all the bells and whistles. When I get my next bike and I can stand proud next to it. I will try not to treat others the way I've been treated. But... What if I do? What if I turn into an A$$h0L3 when I get a large capacity sports bike? hmm:(

·
Registered
199 Posts
Similar experience

I am one of those guys, who waves to anyone on 2 wheels (motorized) and always felt the majority of other riders are all about the sport not the ride, and I would see probably 90% or better wave back. Until recently I would not have believed what you ride matters. My personal ride is a VTR1000 and a 929 before that. But, I just bought my wife a Kawa ZR7. I have been using it to commute on because of the better gas mileage, and to be honest it's damn fun and good to get off the rockets once in awhile and enjoy the slower paced view. I continue to wave at everyone, just like before- But when on the ZR7 less than half will wave back! And it seems that those who do are the older guys riding old jap standards. So I guess appearance/size does matter.:crying:

·
Registered
169 Posts
I ragged on a guy on a GS500 just yesterday. Only because I hate the sorry Mother F*#ker that was on it. But, I would never do that to anyone else. My bike a POS anyway.:D

Is it ok if the rider of the bike in question isn't worth a s*#t in the first place?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I think that there are some people that have such a personality deficit, lack of self-esteem, whatever, that they feel like they have to tear other people down to try to build themselves up. If they got the crap bashed out of themselves everytime they tried it, they would eventually get the message and crawl their sorry carcass back into whatever cave they came out of.

I would never even think about making fun of what someone else is riding. Unless it has fur on it:D ....Just kiddding....to each his own.

If the other person really is an idiot, I don't really see anything wrong with pointing it out....as long as you stick to comments about that person's idiocy...not his bike. I try to make comments about the person's behavior that qualifies him as an idiot, not him personally. Sometimes a little ridicule about stupid behavior will embarass him enough to try to change it.

However, in a case where you see someone ridiculing someone else unjustly...such as the one at the start of this thread...all bets are off and all attacks are fair. Go for the throat.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts