Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my new m3's mounted last night then rode 40 miles home in the rain, got to love maine weather, if you dont like it wait 5 min and it will change.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
What did you have mounted before? After you've gone a few hundred miles, do a compare, please! The M3's aren't oft talked about so any info would be helpful.

·
Registered
892 Posts
i hear ya kanwisch. curiousity got the best of me and i got a pair of the M1's just before the M3's came out. been nothing but impressed.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
previosly i was running the m1's and i liked them they held the road good , i did have the rear slide a couple of times and the front did also but that was the only times it happened to me, unlike the dunlops that was on the bike when i bought it now those tires really sucked i will never buy dunlops. about a month ago the rear tire was gone cord came through so a buddy of mine who owns a small shop put a bt014 on the rear and that tire felt realy good very sticky, i did notice it handled different not bad just different but that is to be expected with mismatched tires on it m1 on the front and bt014 on the rear.
even riding home in the rain with new tires straight down the highway taking it easy it felt tight, after putting about 150 miles on it all i can say is WOW these tires are great , a huge upgrade from the M1's these tires handle great and are sticky, a friend has a set on his bike and said he is getting good milage also, iam hooked i will probly continue to run the m3's from now on. i feel no slide and feel planted to the ground ,and when warren balanced them the front took no weight and very little on the rear.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Well, has anyone gotten a mileage estimate on how long they'll last?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have put over a 1000 miles on them and showing no wear yet looks like they will have a good life compared to the others i have run, got cought in a downpoor and cant believe how well they held the road it was unreal i found myself going as if the roads where dry and these tires held great. I found what i will be running from now on.

·
Registered
165 Posts
This is off topic but anyway...

Warren runs a great shop. Can you believe how much business he gets? If I were him I would have nightmares of going in to work.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes he does and he is the best in the area and most honest and dedicated, close friend of mine also so kind of bias.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts