Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently in the market for a 94-96 Z28. I have done alot of pricing so far. Looks like I am gonna spend about 9-14g. What does everyone think about these cars? Good, Bad, Ugly. Let me know.

------------------
382lbs of braided steel and sex appeal

98 6ixxer

·
Squid
2019 Ducati Monster 1200s
813 Posts
They suck. J/K If your going to get one, at lest go with the '97 a few changes and a little more power. I had a purple 97 Z28 with a couple of mods and it seriously kicked ass. I use to frequent the street races in Riverside Ca. and surprisingly whoop cars that I thought I didn't even have a chance at. Borla exhaust, Nitrous works 175 shot, ram air, mds ign., bbk throtle body. those few mods made a world of difference. Oh, BTW just incase you had a brainfart or something, this is SBW not Z28/LT1 fourm :D :D

------------------
John
http://photos.yahoo.com/jk6672

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea but in a Z28 forum everyone would be like. GO FOR IT. I wanted to hear unbiased opinions. But thanks for pointing that out.

------------------
382lbs of braided steel and sex appeal

98 6ixxer

·
Registered
741 Posts
Well, being the owner of a Mustang, I suggest Mustangs for ease of performance bolt-ons, but LT-1's are very nice, fast stock cars, they just cost more to upgrade than Mustangs! I know you'll probably like it, but Definitely put a supercharger on it to keep us pesky mustangs away from you, we look for you when we're driving!! LOL Enjoy it!! :D

------------------
Joe
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, 4,100 miles, Vance and Hines Titanium slip on, synthetics, more to come soon!!!

1988 Mustang GT
www.joe4speed.com

[This message has been edited by JL1314 (edited October 01, 2000).]

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Biased to the TA's cause I had one and sold it (too many tickets). My 93 was the bomb. I am looking around for a new car, probably purchase near Jan. I may buy another and then bolt a hitch on for the trailer. I still dream about the TA and it has been several years. I prefer the body style from 93 to 96 or 97, before they put all the extra holes in the bumpers and lower panels. My car performed as close to a motorcycle as any 4 wheeler I have driven, and was the most impressive all around. If you buy one, you wont be let down. And the mustangs don't stand a chance. They make the parts cheaper because FORD knows all mustangs need aftermarket parts to run with the Z28's and the TA's.
I was able to get 14.3 in the quarter mile bone stock first time I ever went to a dragstrip.

------------------
If if if....
If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass every time he jumps!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am going to agree with JL1314 on this. Mustangs are easier to modify, although the LT1 is a great engine to begin with. I have heard though that Camaros and Firebirds aren't great in the reliability department, but this is also an opinion formed while driving my stang and listening to others who drive stangs.....maybe slightly biased :). I like the looks of the newer Camaroes with the redesigned headlights....started in 98 I think. I am not too crazy about the older ones. Good Luck!

------------------
97 FZR 600
D&D Carbon Fiber Pipe

1990 5.0 Mustang

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
a former boss had a 94 he sold a year and a half ago with about 140k on it. ran good, lots of rattles.

he now has an audi a4 and misses the camaro's power. but when you drive 35+k/year a camaro isn't the best car (and have to go into dc several times a month).

oh yeah, no trunk space (compared to a fwd).

and isn't an lt1 cheaper to modify than a 4.6? just curious, i'm not really into cars anymore.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

·
Registered
741 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by funksouljon:
And the mustangs don't stand a chance. They make the parts cheaper because FORD knows all mustangs need aftermarket parts to run with the Z28's and the TA's.
I was able to get 14.3 in the quarter mile bone stock first time I ever went to a dragstrip.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is not true concerning the older mustangs... the '87 to '93 5.0's. The 4.6's are getting faster, but are no match to the old 5.0's... and I can probably guarantee that it will cost WAY less to get the mustang faster than the GM's, their parts are much more expensive, and definitely not as abundant! Of course, this is just my opinion!! ;)

------------------
Joe
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, 4,100 miles, Vance and Hines Titanium slip on, synthetics, more to come soon!!!

1988 Mustang GT
www.joe4speed.com

·
Registered
873 Posts
it was not uncommon for the 87 thru 93 mustangs with 5.0's to pull low 15's and mid to high 14's consistently, off the showroom floor (with a good driver, good gears and a 5 speed tranny)

The 5.0 is (was) the most successful v-8 engine ever produced. This isnt saying that the 350 small block wasnt on par with the 5.0. They are both right there together.

As far as the 4.6l i would agree that maintenance is more difficult and accessories are more pricey than on a 5.0 But you get a 5.0 stang and youll have more fun longer than a plastic GM toy like a Camaro or firebird. I just dont like the fit and finish and durability of GM products. Yes all cars are made with plastic but when you sit in a GM you get the impression that it was made at the Mattel factory for sale in 'Toys-R-Us' stores.

YUCK

And we all know that in the muscle car "war" the clear winner is the Mustang. GM will be cancelling the Camaro/Firebird to make way for more SUVs.

:D

------------------
Fear Green.

[This message has been edited by GreenNinja (edited October 03, 2000).]

·
Registered
292 Posts
I had a 1996 Z28 6-speed and liked it a lot.They run just fine if you take care of them. If you can afford it, get a 1998 or newer Z28 because the LS1 is a LOT better than the LT1. Not just more power but a lot more advanced and refined. Yeah, the old Fox bodies can be souped up for less money but let's face it, they are ugly as hell. The Camaro is low, wide and sleek. By comparison, the Mustang looks like a breadbox on rollerskates. You already have a crotch rocket to smoke any cage on the street anyway. Because of the inherent lower center of gravity, and a few other design advantages, the F-Body is a much better handler as well. Between the TA and Z28, I prefer the exterior of the Camaro but like the TA's interior more. I actually like the styling of the 1998-current Firebird more than the Camaro's however. They're essentially the same car so go with what your heart desires. I cannot stress how much more I like the LS1 though. If you can afford a 1998, get it! The engine is awesome!

------------------
"You must be fast 'cuz I was haulin' ass when I passed you"

1999 Blue/White YZF-R1: 2 Bros. C4 exhaust, Dynojet jet kit, timing tricker, dyno-tuned by Graves
2000 NBM/Lt Oak int/Blk top C5 Convertible - MN6, Z51, Vortex Rammer, A&A Exhaust, C/R X-pipe, Corsa tips, !CAGS

1 - 10 of 10 Posts