Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my first lowside today. I was leaned over going around a corner and my rear tire went over a manhole cover and the bike slid right out from under me. I'm going to need some new plastics and the bike was spewing antifreeze so I had to get it towed home. The front wheel hit the curb so I don't know if there is any front end damage yet. I has my Draggin Jeans on along with a leather jacket so I just got a few bruises and a swollen thumb. My Arai also took a hit so I'm going to need to add a new helmet to the list of expenses. Definitely wear your gear and ride safe everyone!

------------------

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Sorry to hear about that man. :(

Are'nt you glad you had some decent protection though! You would really be lickin some boo boos without it.

Its funny you mention your thumb; The one crash I've had, my longest lasting and most painfull wound was my right thumb. It still pops all the time! AND a friend of mine has the same problem after a minor high side ~ His thumb. weird....

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Sorry to hear about your "ouch"!! If you have troubles getting your riding gear covered by your ins.co.,your homeowners policy may cover it.I should know...I went down a couple years ago and mine paid for my leathers,minus the deductable,of course! :) :)

Jim

------------------

·
Registered
873 Posts
Wow, in my accident in 1992 on my old 600R i got a hamburger road rash on my calf and ....... YEP you guessed it, a big ole nick on my thumb!

very weird.

------------------
Fear Green.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Sorry to hear about the spill. Manhole covers were not invented with the motorcycle in mind and the placement wasn't thought out with us in mind either.

------------------

·
Squid
813 Posts
sorry about the lowside. Where you on unfamilar road or darn manhole just popped up before you realized it? Look at the bright side, you lived to tell brutha. :)

------------------
John

Not the brightest crayon in the box now, are we?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I've been on that road hundreds of times without any problems, Maybe there was some oil on it, I don't know. All I know is that it really tough to use a mouse when your thumb is messed up.

------------------

S

·
0 Posts
Try to click these ..... !!

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.

Adam

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would if they would just stop moving. They are moving, aren't they? or did I hit my head harder than I thought?

------------------

·
Registered
186 Posts
It happens, but at least you're alright.

------------------
Dan...Comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to hear about your crash but it's good to hear that you came out of it ok.

------------------
"I feel the need... the need for speed!"

·
Registered
192 Posts
As I said befoer, I am glad you are all right, Glenn. I didn't know the bike was spewing antifreeze. Not cool. Are you planning on fixing the bike? I remember it well and it is a beatiful bike. Hope you feel better soon.

------------------
Richard M. Poniarski
'00 Kawasaki ZR750F2, a.k.a. ZR-7
AMA #674623
NY S666C
ZR7OA #3

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It looks like part of the fairing cut the hose, so antifeeze was everywhere. Within 5 minutes there were three police cars and 2 fire trucks there putting sand on the spill. I'm probably going to get it fixed, but I haven't decided yet. I guess it would depend on whether it was worth it to fix or just get another bike next spring. I'm trying to get the bike to the shop this weekend so I should know by next week.

------------------

1 - 13 of 13 Posts