Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm asking this for my brother and dad, so I will probably look like a [email protected], but...

They are looking at getting a 2002 VFR Interceptor, but the knee angle is too harsh. Is there any way to lower the footpegs on these? Actually, come to think of it, raising seat height would likely be easier, but then it makes the bike more difficult to get on/off. Any ideas or suggestions???

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hi Carrie. What Tristan said is an option but you do lose corner clearance doing that. They might want to try it the way it is and see if they can't get used to it with the option of changing it if it really proves to be intolerable. Sometimes those things seem bad with the first "sitting" but prove to be no issue with a little seat time. I know whose bike you'll be wanting to ride;) :)

Hey, do you have a birthday or Xmas or something coming up? For a mere $175. they could make you a happy camper. Track day at Beaverun on Sunday the 15th.:cool: :D

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dad said:
Hi Carrie. What Tristan said is an option but you do lose corner clearance doing that. They might want to try it the way it is and see if they can't get used to it with the option of changing it if it really proves to be intolerable. Sometimes those things seem bad with the first "sitting" but prove to be no issue with a little seat time. I know whose bike you'll be wanting to ride;) :)

Hey, do you have a birthday or Xmas or something coming up? For a mere $175. they could make you a happy camper. Track day at Beaverun on Sunday the 15th.:cool: :D
*lol* Too bad I probably will have to ride their bike (should they get it). I may have to sell mine so I can pay for tuition. :( This is still a fairly large "maybe" in terms of even getting the bike, let alone adjusting the pegs.

Speaking of which, is there a website that we can look into what all is involved in changing the pegs???

And I wish I had another birthday this month. I already had mine on Aug. 1st so I probably won't make this upcoming track day in September. (What a shock. Besides, I'll have to work. :rolleyes: Oh well) I want to go to this track day and run, but I just don't think I trust my rear tire enough to do it. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts