Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I'm here, but it's too friggin' cold to ride! Can't wait for the warm weather. I'm already getting work done on the bike next week down in Laconia. I'm kinda sick of all of this snow.

·
Registered
471 Posts
What the hell is this a NESR feild trip to SportBike World?

transmittin live from Cambridge, MA
-chr|s sedition

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
shit! didn't think anyone would reply.

Wheelie, you're in ME?

Chris, how you doing? well nobody from Lowell area is on NESR except the Squid but he's not staying around this summer.

SBK, let's hook next weekend.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mystery Squid said:
Yo Khamster!

We've got to hook up one of these weekends!

Sorry haven't replied earlier... don't check the boards much anymore... LOL!

:D
yea man! i'll race your Cobra. LOL

im really interested to know if that asshole cop will show on your court date.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Kham said:
Wheelie, you're in ME?
Yep. . .live in Fryeburg. I can't wait to get out and ride. Getting the factory exhaust put back on the bike next Friday, and she should be good to go after that. Hollar if y'all want to ride. . .I'm always down for a good ride, no matter where it is. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Trust me man: I'll ride down there. Haven't met anyone to ride with here, and I'm always looking for folks to ride with. Any excuse to get out of here is a good one. Plus I just met a girl in Boston I might start seeing, so while I'm down there, why not ride? :cool: I've got a lot of miles on mine, so long distance treks doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
excellent. if you're willing to show me some nice roads up in ME i don't mind going up there. boston is good place to pose but not ride. boston riders go out of the city to ride.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Sounds good, bro. As soon as this rain and shit go away, and once the exhaust goes on, I'm ready. I'm going to be doing a lot of riding this year, and a lot of track days. You ever been to a track day?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
track day once. maybe more in the future but not right now. not possible financially. i'll ride the street for now.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh yea and i just got the Mich Pilot Power mounted on the 10R. all i need is oil change, chain lube, little bit of cleaning work and she's good for the season.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i think the 10R handles very well but i think the turn in is just tiny bit slower than 600. might be because it wasn't setup right for my weight yet. the power, well it' s a 1000. don't worry about that. even a 600 is plenty for me which is why i don't go and mod anything. i like the stock form. im not piggy about .1 sec faster or slower than other 1000. i like all the big 4 1000. i bought the 10R because i like the styling more than others and it was very convenient to pick one up than Honda or Yamaha. the plastic quality is not that great. i dunno about the engine, haven't break anything yet and hopefully not for a long time. i believe the key to that is to keep it well maintain according to schedule.

keep in mind that i haven't ridden anything other than kawasaki. so i can't compare but im sure i can tell if it is a piece of crap or not. :D

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Lol about the piece of crap. :D

I ask because the guy that built my bike up works on and races Kawasakis, and he told me that they're having problems with the 10R engines. He went way over my head with the technical talk, but it was about the blocks cracking under pressure (higher rpms). I asked him 10R or GSX-R1000, and he said GSX-R all day long. I just really like the looks of that 10R, but the GSX-R is more comfortable, and I will be doing about 10K of riding this year (can you say depreciation hit, kids? I knew you could.) :cool:

1 - 20 of 80 Posts