Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this is obvious but this seems extreme...

I have been commuting on my seven-fif and in the mornings it is now 40 when I leave. I just started doing clutch wheelies this summer and I do one or two on my 40 minute ride to and from work.

But now that it is cold I cannot do them. I let the clutch out in second and the back tire just cuts loose. I wait untill I have been riding for a few minutes and it still does it.

Even after I have been on the highway for like 20 min I get off and it still does it!!! What is going on?

By the way, I have like 1/2 tread left on my Dunlop D208's.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Get tire warmers or do mad burnouts before you get going.

As you can hopefully tell, I'm making stuff up. Well the tire warmers might work.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Sounds like the tires are old and probably been through quite a few heat cycles. I've had this happen to me, especially with D207's and D208's.

You work in downtown Pittsburgh? I see a 98 Gixx 7 that parks where I park. Not too many of those bikes still around this area.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I work in Maryland.

So you say they have been through too many seasons? That may be it. The tires were on the bike when I got it and they were almost new as far as tread wear, but looked like they were 2 years old.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts