Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hmmm.:(

I still want to break into cars and put clubs on them.:eek: Don't touch or hurt anything, just install a club. THAT'D make for some good news reports.:)

·
Registered
515 Posts
wtf... ok, now you've lost your love and $15k...he could have at least gotten the money back.

Dad said:
Hmmm.:(

I still want to break into cars and put clubs on them.:eek: Don't touch or hurt anything, just install a club. THAT'D make for some good news reports.:)
and then leave a note saying the key is hidden somewhere in the car... so then they're gonna have to comb through the entire car making them look like the suspicious thieves :D

·
Registered
460 Posts
Lucky dude hopefully he has somebody to give it to. I just put a ring on my girls finger but. It didn't quick cost that much. but it did get appraised at about the price of an older track bike.

·
Registered
19 Posts
EdgeRanger said:
Lucky dude hopefully he has somebody to give it to. I just put a ring on my girls finger but. It didn't quick cost that much. but it did get appraised at about the price of an older track bike.
i know the feeling, did the same thing about 3 weeks ago, took away the downpayment on my bike :( but she's worth it

·
Registered
264 Posts
Just because it appraised at that, doesn't mean it will sell for that. I bought a ring years ago for a girl that appraised for 11K(payed 6K). We broke up a month later and I only got 4K out of it. Pissed me off. He would be better off insuring it and losing it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
psudy said:
Just because it appraised at that, doesn't mean it will sell for that. I bought a ring years ago for a girl that appraised for 11K(payed 6K). We broke up a month later and I only got 4K out of it. Pissed me off. He would be better off insuring it and losing it.
dam i feel cheap, lol her's was only about a grand but thats the one she wanted. havent gotten it apraised or insured yet.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I got lucky and inherited some incredible rings from my grandmothers. I gave my wife both of them. She wears one on each hand. I've had them appraised, but because of the age of the rings, they are really irreplaceable. The one big diamond is a cut they don't do anymore, so you could replace it with a modern diamond for about 6K, but it wouldn't be the "same."

·
Registered
460 Posts
87vert said:
dam i feel cheap, lol her's was only about a grand but thats the one she wanted. havent gotten it apraised or insured yet.
Dude don't worry about it. As long as its what you two want. Now I hope you did your research on diamonds before you bought it because you should of got a GIA certifcitate, I'm not sure if that includes the apprisal or not.

We went to one jewely store and the guy told us to put as much money as we could afford into the diamond, becuase that is the one she is going to keep usually. To be honest with you though, the ring and all the other stuff are just formalitlys. As long as you love each other and plan on spending the rest of your life with each other NO MATTER WHAT happens. As long as she doens't cheat, and you don't either.

My girl is the first girl I have ever been with. It took me almost 27 years. And I plan on being with her forever.

when you do get a bike LMK. I will be in Hampton. I was out riding today acutally to and from work

·
Registered
19 Posts
EdgeRanger said:
Dude don't worry about it. As long as its what you two want. Now I hope you did your research on diamonds before you bought it because you should of got a GIA certifcitate, I'm not sure if that includes the apprisal or not.

We went to one jewely store and the guy told us to put as much money as we could afford into the diamond, becuase that is the one she is going to keep usually. To be honest with you though, the ring and all the other stuff are just formalitlys. As long as you love each other and plan on spending the rest of your life with each other NO MATTER WHAT happens. As long as she doens't cheat, and you don't either.

My girl is the first girl I have ever been with. It took me almost 27 years. And I plan on being with her forever.

when you do get a bike LMK. I will be in Hampton. I was out riding today acutally to and from work
we've been togeather since middle school actually, she's in college and im working full time, she picked out the ring (its actually a wedding set) but she loves it, i proposed to her in niagra falls canada. what a wonderful place.

as for the bike i should be buying here in the next 2 months or so, signed up for the MSF class in march.

·
Registered
3 Posts
87vert said:
Meh. When my wife and I got engaged I didn't even consider giving her a ring for several months. When I did decide to give her a ring, it was fashioned out of a twist tie. She wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

Marrying an anti-materialistic girl will save you a whole lot of money. :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts