Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of getting a full exhuast....im thinking about possibly two brothers. they seem to be a good company, im curious whats the loudest exhaust. i like the sound of a very loud, deep sounding exhaust...my yoshimura slip on is so quiet it pisses me off....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
If you want just loud, get D & D. They sound like kaka to me, but they are hands down the loudest I've ever heard. The deep and loud are the Yosh (RS3), Micron, and Two Brothers. I've got a Micron now, but I will be switching to a Two Brothers full whenever it gets f***ing warm again. We've got 4 feet of snow on the ground. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,372 Posts
wheelie123 said:
If you want just loud, get D & D. They sound like kaka to me, but they are hands down the loudest I've ever heard. The deep and loud are the Yosh (RS3), Micron, and Two Brothers. I've got a Micron now, but I will be switching to a Two Brothers full whenever it gets f***ing warm again. We've got 4 feet of snow on the ground. :mad:
Hey dude, you had it good in Atlanta.:laughing:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,823 Posts
D&D = Loud. Not much for performance enhancement, but that is what you are looking for....loud. If you are going with a full system, why not look at a little boost in HP too. Get both the sound and the performance.:2cents:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
ga_skyline_rydr said:
Hey dude, you had it good in Atlanta.:laughing:
No shit!!:D I go to Vegas next month, and it won't come soon enough. We've had 4 major snowstorms in the past 6 weeks, and now we're due for another Noreaster this weekend. :hurl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,372 Posts
wheelie123 said:
No shit!!:D I go to Vegas next month, and it won't come soon enough. We've had 4 major snowstorms in the past 6 weeks, and now we're due for another Noreaster this weekend. :hurl:
Well then get yourself back down here. So much for you riding your bike.:laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
ga_skyline_rydr said:
Well then get yourself back down here. So much for you riding your bike.:laughing:
Lol. . . I seriously thought about taking up snowmobiling instead, but it's just not for me. I have GOT to get some warm weather in me. The bike bug has bitten already, and I really miss riding. I'm already not real happy about the fact that I'm going to miss watching the Daytona AMA Superbike race this Saturday due to traveling to Colorado for a ski vacation.
 

·
S370HSSV 0773H
Joined
·
7,434 Posts
Could you make a little half-can using a D&D? Or just use straight pipes a-la Harley Davidson?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
spicersh said:
Could you make a little half-can using a D&D? Or just use straight pipes a-la Harley Davidson?
Or just throw some cherry bombs or glass packs under it. Lol. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
699 Posts
sykal said:
im thinking of getting a full exhuast....im thinking about possibly two brothers. they seem to be a good company, im curious whats the loudest exhaust. i like the sound of a very loud, deep sounding exhaust...my yoshimura slip on is so quiet it pisses me off....
My M4 exhaust is claimed to be the loudest out of all the friends I ride with. But the guy I originally bought my R6 from I think got rid of the muffleing insulation packing from inside the pipe. At least that is what all my friends think. Downfall; loud pipes like mine tend to backfire, mine does in the winter. Maybe just because I had it jetted and dynoed during the summer months.
Anyway I sometimes wonder whether or not ear plugs would keep my ears from ringing all the time after a good hour or two ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,798 Posts
D&D is loud, but I dont care for the sound too much.

There is Blueflame (or something like that) available from europe. Db wise the laudest I have ever seen. they are rated at something like 104Db. That is almost 4 times as loud as my 99Db muzzy (which is very loud.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,991 Posts
Hi All-

Loud pipes don't save lives. Inattentive drivers in front of you can't really hear you. The drivers way behind you (who can't hurt you anyway...because you're pulling away) now want to kill you because you're assaulting them with noise.

If you want loud, invest in an outrageously loud aftermarket horn. You'll need to do some electrical work for the bike to handle the draw, but that is where noise can be handy. The benefit is that the horn isn't making you lose your hearing while you're not using it.

That all said, two of my friends have a Yosh and D&D respectively mounted on two Honda CBR 600F3 motorcycles. I find the D&D to be the louder of the two.

~ Blue Jays ~
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
If you gots a Honda, try to find a nice USED Erion Racing. I think they are pretty friggin' loud. At least on a 929 they are. And they have a nice rumble too. Best of both worlds:thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,798 Posts
Blue Jays:
I used to agree with you on the usefullness of loud pipes. Untill two weeks ago. A group of us were out on our sat. ride. The front were going at a very fast pace, I was third, limited by my bikes lack of aerodynamics and top end. Trying like hell to keep up with a gsxr600 and an R1. Coming over a hill I see the gixxer on the side of the road, pointing at us. Not crashed, just pulled over.
The R1 was maybe 20 yards in front of me, and we were both slowing down, looking rather confused. As we got closer I saw 2 cows (or maybe a cow and a bull... cattle anyway) on the side of the road. I remember wondering to myself how they got out of the fence. The guy on the gixxer probly scared the crap out of himself and pulled over to warn us. I revved my engine a few times (The only bike there with a pipe, and its a muzzy) and the cattle took off running for their lives. Jumped clear over a barb wire fence too.
I've also scared buzzards off the road the same way. In general I've noticed that wildlife will get away from my path much faster than someone who is running with quieter exaust.
So while it does nothing for motorists, it helps with other critters.


And as for hearing damage, most of it is coused by the higher frequency wind noise, not loud exhaust. Always wear earlplugs.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top