Sportbike World banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
NYCtraficweavr said:
Duessel, your replying to the wrong person in your edit about stealing my exaust. Why the hell do you wanna steal things anyway? Get a job.
HMMMM I think I was talking to slaintedan(as seen on page #1) Thanks for the advice on the job though. I was joking with dan and you took it personally. Sorry for the misunderstanding and inconvenience.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
duessel said:
HMMMM I think I was talking to slaintedan(as seen on page #1) Thanks for the advice on the job though. I was joking with dan and you took it personally. Sorry for the misunderstanding and inconvenience.

Bro! I've gotta agree with Kevlar...why the hell are you apologizing!? Grow a sack for Christ's sake!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Forgetting about all the flames, the guy raised a very good point that I think isn't considered often enough. Why not just unpack that sucker and get lots of sound out of the stock muffler for FREE? I was thinking about doing that for months but got a Yosh because someone gave me a super cheap deal on a floor model. But there I am staring at the stock muffler thinking I could make it SUPER loud just by unpacking the bitch totally. ONLY PROBLEM is the three bolts for unpacking it have been partially WELDED to the damn muffler to stop me from doing it. If we put our heads together we can figure out how to get around this problem and make stock pipes rock!

·
Registered
580 Posts
DeathCannon said:
Why not just unpack that sucker and get lots of sound out of the stock muffler for FREE? .... ONLY PROBLEM is the three bolts for unpacking it have been partially WELDED to the damn muffler to stop me from doing it. QUOTE]

HA HA! I think you figured this one out yourself. But seriously, to answer your question. Most stock bikes probably have reverse flow chambers in the OEM pipe. The aftermarket slip ons are just a straight through pipe with packing wrapped around the core pipe. Two totally different sounds. If you take some of the reverse flow plumbing out of the stock pipe or drill holes in it, it will be louder, and yes, that would be cheaper. But probably it will sound like crap. And you cant go back to OEM if you want to ( maybe to sell it ) . Slip ons give that tight, high performance sound that most people are willing to pay extra for, plus wieght savings and possibly a performance gain.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Now you mention it, it did have that reverse flow chamber in it, so I'm forgetting about the whole idea. BUT oddly enough the stock titanium can on the GSX-R1000 weighed a little less than the Yosh tri-oval titanium I put on, so go figure.

·
Registered
364 Posts
my neighbor is selling me his stock titanium can(02gsxr 1000) which he removed the packing from and polished the can. It looks and sounds great..... for 50$. I will keep my stock can around for doing track days. btw.. use a dremmell (sic) to break those little welds and unfold the lip of the can so the exhaust tail can be removed and you're in!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Awesome, thank you very much for sharing that info! Out of curiosity, when you say, "Sounds great", what exactly do you mean? How loud, and what kind of personality does the sound have?

·
Registered
580 Posts
DeathCannon said:
Awesome, thank you very much for sharing that info! Out of curiosity, when you say, "Sounds great", what exactly do you mean? How loud, and what kind of personality does the sound have?
Personality?

·
Registered
363 Posts
dude one word

EBAY!!!!!!!

for like 30-85 dollars you could get a slip on..... why go and butcher a stock can??? most of them are welded anyway...

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
BikesRToyz said:
Winning an argument online is like winning the special olympics. YOUR STILL RETARDED.
you know whats better than winning the gold medal in the special olympics?

not being eligible:thumb:

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
monkey said:
you know whats better than winning the gold medal in the special olympics?

not being eligible:thumb:
Oh Boy....... I feel bad on this one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
BikesRToyz said:
Winning an argument online is like winning the special olympics. YOUR STILL RETARDED.

Well, BikesRToyz, The reall quote is: Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics, Even if you win, you are still retarded. If you are going to steal a quote from me, please use the right one...

21 - 40 of 67 Posts