Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make the exhaust on my F4 really loud without buying an aftermarket pipe. I know if I buy a pipe it'll get stolen or something. So I was thinking I could just remove the baffling from the stock silencer. Would that do anything harmful to the engine? Thanks Pete

·
Registered
60 Posts
Why don't you just ride around yelling "HEY! GET OUTTA THE ****IN WAY!!!" like everyone else in NYC? Or just take off your can/muffler. It will actually help your motor. Really.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yes you can take the baffling out. Might hurt then engine, might not. Probably not. I dont see how what you end up with would be much different in terms of flow resistance than a straight through glasspack slip on. Go for it. It will make your engine run leaner if you have carbs, if you have FI I guess that would correct for it somewhat but Im no pro. In case you didnt catch the humor of Larrys post, DO NOT just take it off and right around, thats bad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow larry, you have as many lame ass bikes as you do replies to my question. Why don't you just ride around cali screaming "LETS DO LUNCH!!!" like the rest of the fake idiots out there. Hey, you should try riding with armor-all on your tires, it'll make you go faster. Really!!

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
NYCtraficweavr said:
Wow larry, you have as many lame ass bikes as you do replies to my question. Why don't you just ride around cali screaming "LETS DO LUNCH!!!" like the rest of the fake idiots out there. Hey, you should try riding with armor-all on your tires, it'll make you go faster. Really!!

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
NYCtraficweavr said:
Are you crazy? Some of his bikes are classics. If you ever get a chance to ride a Norton, you'll soon learn to appreciate Larry and his collection.

-=bmacd=-

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well BMACD, thanks for your words. I rather enjoyed pissing off a New Yorker who wants to weave around in traffic on a really loud Honda. I am originaly from New Jersey and you must realise the difference between people from NY and from NJ is that people from NY wish they were from Jersey. Also, I see you ride a Suzuki so you are aware that Hondas' are like assholes- everybody has one and they all stink. So if you come west, LET'S DO LUNCH!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know you were from NJ. Now I understand why your a hater. I also feel bad for you. But hey, there are plenty of other guys like you out there, who have some deficiency that leads them to try belittling people. Just get the plugs or the implant........whatever. You'll fell a lot better about yourself buddy. Then you can concentrate on living your life instead of flaming people on internet forums to make yourself feel witty and accepted. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Larry Kahn said:
...the difference between people from NY and from NJ is that people from NY wish they were from Jersey....
Go look at a map... If New York City is the heart of New York, that means that New Jersey and Long Island are the armpits!:twofinger :twofinger :twofinger

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
slaintedan said:
Go look at a map... If New York City is the heart of New York, that means that New Jersey and Long Island are the armpits!:twofinger :twofinger :twofinger
When you get your pipe, I am gonna come up there and steal that B**ch.:twofinger

·
Registered
340 Posts
Your all Insane

I wouldn't drive a motorcycle anywhere near New York City for all the money in Wall Street, all you New Yorkers are Funkin Nuts! (I only visited for less than a week, but it took me only 5 minutes driving there to be convinced of this)
And yes those bikes are Classics, and there's nothing shabby about a FZ-1, it's got an R1 engine doesn't it?

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Kevlar7R said:
Damn, you guys can turn ANY thread into your homosexual bickering. Keep it in the adults forum guys.
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was stating that I was gonna steal his pipe(when or if he gets one). He turned it into a homosexual thing. The person who started this thread was scared of getting his pipe stolen in New York if he bought one. And since little Danny-Boy lives in New York, I figured I would tell him that I was gonna steal his. But then NOOOOOOOO, he wants to flirt with me, and I get half the blame for it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well Petey, lemme point out it was you who 1) called my bikes "lame ass" 2) made the statement of "fake idiots" (does that make you a "real" one?) 3) suggested I use armor-all on my tires. You be careful weaving around now.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
duessel said:
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was stating that I was gonna steal his pipe(when or if he gets one). He turned it into a homosexual thing. The person who started this thread was scared of getting his pipe stolen in New York if he bought one. And since little Danny-Boy lives in New York, I figured I would tell him that I was gonna steal his. But then NOOOOOOOO, he wants to flirt with me, and I get half the blame for it.

A little defensive are we?:D :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Let me just straighten this out before I never post on this forum again.

Larry, I asked a legitimate question about an exhaust, you made a sarcastic reply and then got mad when I made a better one. Get over it.

Duessel, your replying to the wrong person in your edit about stealing my exaust. Why the hell do you wanna steal things anyway? Get a job.

Slaintedan, you seem to be a pretty cool guy.

Maddtrapper, since I learned to drive and ride here, I'm just used to it. Its not all that bad.

Kevlar7r, they are a little defensive.

Peace out

·
Registered
340 Posts
Relax

Dude I think he was jokin, at least I took his comments as a joke. Secondly don't get offended so easily here, we are all mostly sarcastic bastards. You don't have to leave it's not like he insulted your country or something...:twofinger and last but not least learning how to drive in New York seems to be in the same ball park as bieng dropped on your head as a kid...... Moahahahahahahahahahaha WHat do you have to say about that one Dan? :twofinger

·
Registered
60 Posts
Was there any other way to reply to someone wanting to make their bike "really loud" in the middle of a big city? Nothing against loudness, i.e. Contis' on my Ducati, Dunstalls on my Norton and a fishtail on my Indian, but I'm out in the boonies and only annoying the cows and giving the road rodents fair warning. Oh well. Guess I'll go do lunch. Y'all have a nice ride when the snow melts.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts