Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You gotta give Suzuki Props in this Area..
They have the

GS500
Katana 600
Katana 750
Bandit 600
Bandit 1200
Tl1000s
Tlr1000
Sv650
Gsxr600
Gsxr750
Gsxr1000

And who can forget the Busa ? Lota choice's ...

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What I want to know, Adam, is how difficult it was for you to finally submit a post that was somewhat informative, accurate, and relevant.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pete said:
What I want to know, Adam, is how difficult it was for you to finally submit a post that was somewhat informative, accurate, and relevant.
I have to get at least 5 good posts to be entered in the draw .. errrr.. make that 4 :D (Nobody said anything about stealing ideas from other websites :D ;))

No seriously though , Suzuki has covered everything .. The TL1000s is head to head with Ducati's Monstro (Honda VTR no contest) , The TLR1000 (Being the fat pig it is) still is up there with the Ducati 996 , RC51 .. The GS500E is A great commuter/starter/minimalist bike... Katana's Suck , but Im sure they still do something ;) The sv650 .. Well need I say more ? The bandit 600 kinda blows but the 1200 is awsome, The Gsxr600 will be FI this year ? a competitive 600, The 750 rewrote the books and spanked big bores, The busa is the bomb ... And now enter the GSXR1000 .. I can't wait till next year :D Maybe they'll try to get a higher pitch from that cam chain tensioner ..

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, this thread was getting out of hand considering the forum. So, out of respect for Mojo (moderator), Squid for his legitimate post, and Rug Burn's wife, who I am certain is a wonderful woman, I have deleted most of the garbage.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pete said:
Okay, this thread was getting out of hand considering the forum. So, out of respect for Mojo (moderator), Squid for his legitimate post, and Rug Burn's wife, who I am certain is a wonderful woman, I have deleted most of the garbage.
LOL! Good Plan... We probably would have got an email for this thread :D

Here's a question ... Why is Suzuki so active in all area's of the bike scene ?

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
yamaha tried it in the 80's to de-throne honda from the top rung.

as for katana's they do most of what a vfr or bmw do, for half the price.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Squidwannabe said:
We probably would have got an email for this thread

I sent an e-mail to myself telling me I needed to clean my act up. :D

Squidwannabe said:

Here's a question ... Why is Suzuki so active in all area's of the bike scene ?
Good question. They must have heaploads of cash.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Honda has heaploads of cash ... But Im not talking about the Motorcycle Division(I don't really know their Budget) , just in general .. ??

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Hey Squid...are u sure u are feeling okay??:p:)
Suzuki has always tried to be at the cutting edge......
how about their "water-buffalo",or the 500 Titan and if my memory is correct they even tried a rotary engined machine. Or how about the street legal RGV500 or RGV 250's.Did ya ever see one of their GSXR50's,(yes:FIFTY).
The Katana's were revolutionary in the very early 80's,and they are still one of Suzuki's top sellers:D:D:D

Jim

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
katana600 said:
Hey Squid...are u sure u are feeling okay??:p:)
Suzuki has always tried to be at the cutting edge......
how about their "water-buffalo",or the 500 Titan and if my memory is correct they even tried a rotary engined machine. Or how about the street legal RGV500 or RGV 250's.Did ya ever see one of their GSXR50's,(yes:FIFTY).
The Katana's were revolutionary in the very early 80's,and they are still one of Suzuki's top sellers:D:D:D

Jim
Ya I knew all that .. But a rotary powered engine ?? Wow that is cool .. The rgv's are cool , I still see the occasional one buzzing by ...

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Suzuki's

Originally posted by Squidwannabe:

"Ya I knew all that .. But a rotary powered engine ?? Wow that is cool .. "

I was at my Dealer's today and he has a clean RE-5 Rotary sitting on his show-room floor on display. Real interesing to look at........:)

JIM

·
Registered
137 Posts
What about the GN

What about the RG150, RGV150, FXR 150?

Or are they not selling them in the US?

Oh yeah, and the GSX 1200???? - (not the bandit)

Ross
CBRxx

[Edited by Ross on 11-13-2000 at 07:25 PM]

·
Registered
96 Posts
They do have a lot of bikes. I just wish that they would spend the developement time and dollars on just a few and not spread themselves so thin. If they had actually finished the developement on the TL suspension, I wouldn't have had that slapper! If they had fully tested and developed the new 750, there wouldn't be the tranny probs. Instead of doing many things with a passing grade, they could narrow their focus to a few things with an exceptional grade. I loved the power delivery of my TL, but it had so many little problems that a bit more developement could have solved.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
151 Posts
You have to give Suzuki their props. Their bikes are the shiznit. The gixxer just takes the cake, on the track and on the street. And in response to what Mojo said about them spreading their self thin. I can see where you are coming from, but thats just good busines. Theres alot of different riders with different ridding styles and their just trying to make that money.

·
Registered
346 Posts
make that money...... whose your daddy~!... i think gix is right.. if they focused all there efforts on one type of rider.. they'd not dominate such a great market.. and besides.. not everybike can be perfect.. so there was a small tranny explosion:D problem with the gixxer 750.. but they are still the bomb.. :D.. no pun intended.. anyhow.. i love my gixxer and also im contemplating a salvage sv650 for street and wheelie fun.. and my gigg for more performance oriented riding. i love honda too. but juss havent' seen the bike i would like to get.. from then.. i wouldnt' buy anything but a honda for a car.. and chevy for a truck.. but thats another post. .:D

jos F

·
Registered
79 Posts
cbrf2boy said:

Not too sound like a jerk... But are you serious? They don't do half of what a VFR or BMW do? Ignoring all the obvious reasons Katanas aren't very nice, Suzuki's fit and finish is quite pathetic when compared with Honda and BMW. I don't remember hearing the Kantana winning any awards, how many does the VFR have? :D

Ian

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2000VFR said:
cbrf2boy said:

Not too sound like a jerk... But are you serious? They don't do half of what a VFR or BMW do? Ignoring all the obvious reasons Katanas aren't very nice, Suzuki's fit and finish is quite pathetic when compared with Honda and BMW. I don't remember hearing the Kantana winning any awards, how many does the VFR have? :D

Ian

No they are definitly no VFR! But I remember in 1998 the katana 750 got an award, When it was restyled :D
But you have to admit, For the price they are "The best BANG for the Buck"
The kats are also pretty solid. But again not a VFR ;)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
"as for katana's they do most of what a vfr or bmw do, for half the price."

"Not too sound like a jerk... But are you serious? They don't do half of what a VFR or BMW do? Ignoring all the obvious reasons Katanas aren't very nice"

What is it that a VFR or a BMW can "Do" that a Katana can't??? I'd be willing to try,whatever "It" is!!!!:)
And,yes their fit and finish may not be up to the others,in some cases,but,for those of us that can't afford the alternatives,these look darn good to us and the fit and finish is nice.
Again the costs of the machines answers most of the reasons for obvious differences.
And yes they HAVE won awards,I wish I could quote them,but,my memory isn't that good!!:)
1)1988 Supersport 600 class Champion
2)Katanas have been around since 1982,(not to many can make that claim.)
3)GSXR based engine....nuff said.
4)Suzuki's best selling street bike model.
I think mine is very NICE,Thank you!!!:D:D:D

JIM

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Jim, but do they make all that aftermarket stuff for Katanas like they do for VFRs for turning a sport-touring sportbike into a tourer, for all those VFR owners who like to think they have a sportbike? Things like bar risers, Corbin seats with a sissy bar, three-feet tall windscreens. You know, all that pansy stuff? I guess the ST1100 does not do enough to improve their midlife crisis. :D :D

Speaking of bar risers, have y'all noticed the bars on the FJR1300? Can you say "ape hangers"? :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts