Sportbike World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have found the Jedi Master of all Squids:rolleyes:

Ok........8 at nite, I go for a leisurely ride down the strip. I come up on a stop light where a guy on a ZX-12 and has gal on a Kawi 600 are parked behind the 1st car in the middle lane at a stoplight that is just turning green. I am zinging down the (open) right lane and I must have made him look bad by going by him and his gal at 40 mph:rolleyes: So the guy shoots around the car in front of him and screams by me on my right IN MY LANE:mad:
so close I could have literally clotheslined him with my right arm. After passing me in heavy traffic, he does a massive stand up wheelie (again in traffic) rides it out for about 4 blocks, gets blown by the wind and comes literally inches from slamming into a Trans Am (which he ended up cutting off `cause he lost his balance slightly. I'm expecting his honey to fly by me and go after him so I moved over a lane. It wasn't his honey that flew by me though, it was a donut-lover with colorful lights on top of his car:eek:

The guy gets pulled over way ahead, and his girlfriend is looking at me and shaking her head as she cruises by me. Sucks for her!!!
in WI that will be 12 pts. for that guy, he can now kiss his license good bye after getting pulled over.

Bottom Line: The public doesn't know a ninja from a gsxr from a cbr from an r1 0r 6. So this ASSCLOWN made hundreds of people think that guys on sportbikes are reckless lunatics.:mad:

Thanks to this jackass we all gain a worse rap and give cops another motive to hassle us.

For all you newbies who are starting your wheelie habits...don't pull that SHIT in traffic!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
195 Posts
The cop should have arrested him.

Instead, he apparently turned him loose, gave him an old, scuffed up ZX-6e and sent him to Tennessee, so he could ride up next to me on a busy surface street during rush hour, rev hell outta his engine a couple of times, and hoist a tiny one that nonetheless threw him off course and into the turn lane. Then I hear him caning the bejeezus out of it behind me and he comes rocketing past again. Apparently this is squidese for "wanna race?", although why it seemed like a good idea to him to do this on a busy road at 5:30 PM is a little beyond me. :confused:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Tamara said:
The cop should have arrested him.

Instead, he apparently turned him loose, gave him an old, scuffed up ZX-6e and sent him to Tennessee, so he could ride up next to me on a busy surface street during rush hour, rev hell outta his engine a couple of times, and hoist a tiny one that nonetheless threw him off course and into the turn lane. Then I hear him caning the bejeezus out of it behind me and he comes rocketing past again. Apparently this is squidese for "wanna race?", although why it seemed like a good idea to him to do this on a busy road at 5:30 PM is a little beyond me. :confused:
Some people just have a deathwish.:twofinger :rolleyes:

·
Registered
284 Posts
No, and in all honesty, I'll probably never go down there on my bike. I've driven the strip after visiting Torque Center one night, but I was just in my truck. That was the largest conglomeration of idiots I've ever seen. This was in like 1997 or '98, and unless things have changed, I have little to no interest in going down there. Maybe I just saw the bad parts. Is it really like that? I've heard it's fun, so maybe I'll give it a shot.

I'll be back in the Milwaukee area for the summer starting on May 20th, so we'll definitely have to meet up.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Re: Re: Lord Of The Squids

Bonk! said:

Ocomomowoc has a Strip? :p

gsx-in the city could probably answer this better than I can, but being from the general area, I don't think that Oconomowoc has a strip, but it's not far from Milwaukee, and there's a pretty decent stip (as strips go) there.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Not all of us are "a donut-lover with colorful lights on top of his car" stupid comments like this is the reason there is so much friction between bikers and cops, we do pull over alot of bikes, but only because they are usually speeding. the most annoying thing is when people get pissed off when they get pulled over when they know they are wrong. also most of the bikes we pull over don't even have there liscense or registration.

·
Registered
19 Posts
SilentNEKO said:
Not all of us are "a donut-lover with colorful lights on top of his car" stupid comments like this is the reason there is so much friction between bikers and cops, we do pull over alot of bikes, but only because they are usually speeding. the most annoying thing is when people get pissed off when they get pulled over when they know they are wrong. also most of the bikes we pull over don't even have there liscense or registration.

SilentNEKO do you even own a bike or are you just here spying? Relax pal, he was just being humorous.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I had a bike once and am about to get another, I've been on this board for a while now and have seen many remarks about cops, if people quit being foolish and saved the racing for the tracks then there would be no problems, riding a bike just to satisfy an ego is pure stupidity, idiots like the jedi master there should not be on a bike

·
Registered
19 Posts
SilentNEKO said:
I had a bike once and am about to get another, I've been on this board for a while now and have seen many remarks about cops, if people quit being foolish and saved the racing for the tracks then there would be no problems, riding a bike just to satisfy an ego is pure stupidity, idiots like the jedi master there should not be on a bike
I agree with you that ZX12 boy got what was coming to him but sometimes I feel like cops are simply trying to fill their ticket quota instead of being sensible about enforcing the law. Just like insane bike riders taint the view of the public about bikers in general, A few dick-head, power drunk cops taint the image of cops. Once you have had a run in with a bad cop, it’s just tough to like any of them.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I AGREE.......

SilentNEKO said:

Fortunately, I have never had any "bad" experiences with the cops while riding my R6. The flip side to this is, most of the other riders I run into here in St. Louis all seem to have the "man, we were out-running the police yesterday" stories.
I think that as long as your are riding "reasonably", you should be ok. (maybe this thought will change after I get my first ticket:twofinger) Motorcycles have the ability to accelerate so quick, and it is very easy to be over the speed limit and not know it. But, if you are hauling-ass during rush hour traffic, YOU NEED TO GET PULLED OVER!!! Hell, I don't want anyone running into me :eek:
About a month ago I was on the Interstate doing about 75 mph. A St. Louis County Police officer pulled up next to me and started to stare. I thought I was going to get pulled over, but he started revving his engine:eek: (why in the hell did he do that:cool:) So, I took the speed up to about 85 mph. He revved his engine again and passed me. Well, it does not take me very long to take a hint, so I opended the throttle. (call me brave, but this guy seemed like he wanted to do a quick "run") KEEP IN MIND, IT WAS ALMOST MIDNIGHT, AND THERE WAS NO TRAFFIC AROUND US!!!! I looked down at my speeo and it said 103 mph. The cop did not get behind me, but was right beside me laughing his ass off. He then signaled for me to slow down, smiled, and went on his way. (he then turned his lights on and hauled-ass down the highway) :twofinger I guess some guys get to have all the fun:D
My point is this; I don't think it is cool to label "all" cops as being assholes. There are many out there who are, but there are also many that are cool.
Who knows, maybe this cop was speeding home so he could grab his Hayabusa???????:twofinger

Ride Safe All!!

·
Registered
866 Posts
thank you, not all cops are bad, but we do have a job to do when we are not at 7-11 getting coffee, and thats it, no snacks! anyway I'm not an asshole, most of the time I will let bikers go as long as they have there papers and no warrents are in there names. but if one is going 20 mph over the speed limit in a residential or industrial zone where the roads are chewed up then hes asking for trouble

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just sarcasm

Hi Neko,

I didn't mean that donuts comment as a derogatory remark, it was in good fun. I was GLAD to see an officer nail that guy!!

It would be impossible for me to have hard feelings against a cop because if I was nailed for every time I've sped, I'd be on Death Row by now:D

For the record I don't disrespect, disregard, or out run law enforcement..;)

Later

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dtlaine said:
No, and in all honesty, I'll probably never go down there on my bike. I've driven the strip after visiting Torque Center one night, but I was just in my truck. That was the largest conglomeration of idiots I've ever seen. This was in like 1997 or '98, and unless things have changed, I have little to no interest in going down there. Maybe I just saw the bad parts. Is it really like that? I've heard it's fun, so maybe I'll give it a shot.

I'll be back in the Milwaukee area for the summer starting on May 20th, so we'll definitely have to meet up.
Definately!:)

·
Registered
134 Posts
momentory lapse into squidness

I've got a cop story. It was a dark and stormy night and I was leaving a mates house to get back home before the next down pour. The traffic around you always seems to go to slow in this situation. I found myself blocked in, my visor was misting up and the car's tyres were flicking up water. It was going to start raining soon, I'm sure of it... so I started to honk my horn, I flash my high beam and lane split, then I heard the sirens. :mad:
I slowed down and an unmarked police car pulled up next to me, we stopped at a traffic light. There was young cop behind the wheel and he just said take it easy mate. I said "yes sir" and that was it. I think he new my situation. He could have been a ball buster but all I needed was a reminder of the road rules.:D

Moral of the story: Cops should think about the bikers situation... or maybe dont ride in the rain... or maybe Cops who give tickets are bad and cops who give warnings are good.:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts