Sportbike World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my goal is to lose 15 more pounds for a total of 30 lbs. lost.that will put me at 185. my bike will be a little quicker and will help my back also.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Good luck dude. I know loosing weight sucks. Beginning of May 2001 I busted the scales at 250lbs today I weighed 162.

Just keep singing this tune "PT good for you, good for me, want some, need some, gimme some...."

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just dropped twelve pounds, im now tipping the scales at 142 lbs. Good luck, it just takes some determination.

Instead of the recomended song, i watch the britney spears video "im a slave 4 you". Downloaded it on kazaa, and i think, that when i get my six pack, i can go out with girls like her :rolleyes:

that and the weight loss helps me throw around my yz125 even easier

·
Registered
107 Posts
I dropped 474lbs last year.

Fortunately it only scraped the side cover and broke the indicator.

Man that Triumph is (top) heavy.

;)

I lost about 30lbs of my weight a couple of years ago, and I've managed to keep most of it off! Riding the bike is now so much easier and soooooooo much more fun - when I keep it upright:eek:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thankyou everyone

When I started this thread I thought to myself.. of all the topics I could have picked this is the dumbest! But reading these posts has really encouraged me. I'm at 200 right now and really shooting for 175!I'm 6'0 tall and have not seen 175 in 10 years(when I got married).My riding jacket and pants are fitting looser now. I love it. Sone it will be time for a new wardrobe!! I MISS MY MOUNTAIN DEW!!:crying: :crying: :crying:

·
Registered
492 Posts
blackkaw -
My riding jacket and pants are fitting looser now.
The best part of losing a $hit pile of weight is HAVING to buy new gear. I even went down a helmet size. Get the checkbook ready, you're about to go shopping. :D

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I find being "in shape" highly overrated! 5 years ago I spent 6-10 hours a week weightlifting, and force-feeding myself with nasty weight gainer powder drinks to maintain 175-180 lbs. Now, I'm a total couch potato and have settled into a comfy 185 lbs. Sure, dropping 10-15 lbs might make me a hair faster on the track but it just ain't worth it! I refuse to give up my Mt. Dew!!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
kvpZX9R said:
blackkaw -

The best part of losing a $hit pile of weight is HAVING to buy new gear. I even went down a helmet size. Get the checkbook ready, you're about to go shopping. :D
No joke :D My jackets (men's small) are too big now. I am now officially in a hard to fit category. Lucky for me I can just put my hair in a ponytail to make my helmet fit tighter. Now I want a new jacket as soon as I have extra $$$ but I don't really like any of the jackets that they make for women.

·
Registered
186 Posts
jjcm said:
Now I want a new jacket as soon as I have extra $$$ but I don't really like any of the jackets that they make for women.
You might not like this one either, but I finally found one that I really do like. It's the Gericke Tribal (women's). Fits great, arms are the right length, adjustable waist......... Got it from Motorcycle Superstore for a decent price. Good Luck on your search!

T

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ttiana said:

You might not like this one either, but I finally found one that I really do like. It's the Gericke Tribal (women's). Fits great, arms are the right length, adjustable waist......... Got it from Motorcycle Superstore for a decent price. Good Luck on your search!

T

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hear you Tristan, just seeing the words Mountain Dew gives me the shakes!I guess it is the many bennefits from losing a few lbs.that I want.Not like I need my bike to go faster.Keeping it (weight) off for a long period of time ,thats the challenge!

·
Registered
517 Posts
blackkaw said:
I hear you Tristan, just seeing the words Mountain Dew gives me the shakes!I guess it is the many bennefits from losing a few lbs.that I want.Not like I need my bike to go faster.Keeping it (weight) off for a long period of time ,thats the challenge!
Keep the Mt Dew. Cut back on the red meat and fried foods. Eat more fruit and vegetables. Exercise 30-60 minutes 3-4 times per week and you're golden. It's all about burning more than you take in. The empty calories in a Mt. Dew won't hurt you (too badly) unless you just let 'em sit there and collect.

I personally enjoy running, besides the health benefits, it's a great way to wake up early for those Sunday morning rides.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm 5'11 200lbs now. However, I should be 175. I hate dieting, but I can't stand how much weight I've put on.:barf: So, I guess I'll suck it up a bit and get in shape.

-KillaRide

*places Twinkie out of view of computer* *doh!*

·
Registered
577 Posts
I got tired of being fat so I stopped eating at work. I haven't weighed myself yet but my cloths are starting to get baggy:eek: :rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts