Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay i poked around a bit and decided to stay. I have had my '01 Suzuki Bandit 1200S for about a year and love it. I grew up in North Dakota with my bikes and horses. I missed getting away and just riding so i started up again. Yeeehhaawwww!
Just wanted a place to talk bike. I don't know anyone in my area who knows anything much about them and it's hard to just go out and meet people being a girl on a bike.
Any Girls looking to ride around Hubert NC let me know.

Mandy

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Wow.. nice.. umm.. bike!

I mean.. Welcome to SBW!

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Welcome! :cheers:

I've got a riding buddy with a Bandit 1200S. Really nice bike. Torquey, powerful, and comfortable. Glad to see you here.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Welcome :cheers:

I gotta say I find it hard to believe you can't find someone locally who wouldn't kill to talk bikes with you. Esp if you're single. Unless you're saying they lack your expertise level, in which case :thumb:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am married, so huge hard one, he is deployed but still hard to get a good group to ride with who i trust, or even one.....hell i don't even like most people.
I have been riding to Hooters to catch a few football games but sit at the bar and NO ONE talks to me but the waitresses who don't have to ask what i want by now.....i do ride away from town to enjoy the roads so not meeting people that way....Awww it sucks:crying:
But i do love riding, even if its alone. I'll just talk bikes here:)

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
likes hooters resturants, likes spicy food, beer, football, close to the dragon, rides a liter bike,.......skinny.....

:D
Your whatied?:D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome,
I hope your hubby comes hone soon, and safe!
I to am from the sticks to, and am still hear. I had to trick my wife in to thinking her riding was her idea. So I would have some one to ride with on a reggullare baseses. Then tought her G.F. so she would have some one to ride with when I am at work.

·
Registered
447 Posts
hope your hubby comes home safe and soon, iam retired so i know what its like being married and deployed can be tough.
i also do alot of solo riding since i live in central maine, i do have friends that ride but most live a hour away or more, now if i can just get the wife to learn to ride, now thats a dream since she wont even ride on the back of my 954.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks.....we are very lucky and get to talk often. We'll be out riding together next spring....i'll even let him get any bike he wants as long as mine is faster, lol....

Attachments

·
Registered
848 Posts
Welcome aboard! I've seen ya over in the Women Riders section. I'm afraid I can't help you on being local... and for the time being... I'm even BIKELESS! :huh:

Anyhoo, good to see another female on the board!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, it is nice to know there are more out there everyday. Just wish they would move over here.
There boards are tons more fun than my mom's groups.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
See what happens to a thread when ya use the "Mom" word.:crying:

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's a nice looking Bandit :)

I'm not local to you either, or I'd be thrilled to find a riding partner! Mostly I ride on my own, unless my one friend is in town, but that's not often.

I don't have any children, so I can get as much seat time as the weather (and the SO) will allow ... which is quite a bit during the riding season.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Welcome to the boards! What service is he in? I'm military myself and stationed in GA.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome aboard! I've seen ya over in the Women Riders section. I'm afraid I can't help you on being local... and for the time being... I'm even BIKELESS!

I hope your looking!:thumb:

Welcome to the boards! What service is he in? I'm military myself and stationed in GA.

He is of course the BEST!! LOL, now i feel brain washed.
He's a Marine:thumbs2: Urah

1 - 20 of 30 Posts