Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all. I would like to learn how to do some track riding. Does anyone know of any beginner tracks on or near the eastern shore of Maryland. I will travel as far north as Jersey and Pennsylvania and as far south as Virginia. If anyone has any information please pass it along to me.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
go to www.teampromotion.com and look for the date near you. also try www.nesba.com

there aren't any "beginner tracks," but you can get into beginner groups and ride at a pace you feel comfortable with.

the tpm webpage does have sound.

i do recommend hitting a summit point date (it's in west virginia, about 2 hours or so from ya) or vir, about 5 hours south. pocono should be about 3 north of ya.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is the organization I do my trackdays with:

www.nesba.com

click on "membership info" and then "TRY NESBA FOR FREE"

With their "INTRO" package, you get a 30min class room session and 2- 20 minute on track sessions in the moring to "try it out" and see how you like track riding. Minimal bike prep is required. They might have you tape over your lenses and lights and/or remove your mirrors but that's it. You need leather jacket and pants, boots, gloves and helmet. It costs nothing and they usually provide lunch too. Just register on their site, pick a date at the track you want to try and sign up for it. Then just show up at the track on that date at 7am.

There is a bunch of tracks we ride on:

Summit Point, WV - 2 tracks, 3rd being built
Pocono, PA - 2 different track set-ups
Beaverun, PA - track just opened this year, 2nd track planned
VIR, VA - 2 tracks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts