Sportbike World banner

looking for powder coating?

4K views 44 replies 11 participants last post by  four_by_ken 
#1 ·
I hope I am not stepping on any toes here... if I am, let me know and I will delete my post.

A friend sent me to this site.

I started powder coaitng things for myself and some friends.

Well to make a long story short, money has become pretty tight aournd the house. So, I am offering up some simple coating to others that may be interested.

Right now I am limited by oven space, but hopefully not for long. I cannt do wheels quite yet.

But, here is a picture of two of some things I have done.

#4 ·
QC iz the local favorite...but your small batch stuff looks good....nice job

#5 ·
QC iz the local favorite...but your small batch stuff looks good....nice job

#6 ·
I am putting a set of F2 clip-ons on the Hawk this winter and I was interested (if it is the best way to go) in having them cleaned up and powdercoated. What kind of prices are we looking at?

#8 ·
Yeah, what about a single sided swingarm? Can your oven handle that?

Also, how much to powdercoat in the black mini-tex:

Set of stock rearsets
Stator cover
Clutch cover
Brake and Clutch levers

What's your turn around time, and do you sandblast all parts prior to coating?

Thanks,

#9 ·
Bad Habit said:
I am putting a set of F2 clip-ons on the Hawk this winter and I was interested (if it is the best way to go) in having them cleaned up and powdercoated. What kind of prices are we looking at?
It would depend on the powder/color you want. But, just to give a ball park price... I would start at $30 plus shipping back to you (if needed).

Send me a pm with what you would like and we could go from there.

Powder coating would last a lot longer than painting them for sure.

Thanks
Ken H.

#10 ·
Bluto said:
Do you have capacity to do a small frame perhaps? I have a YSR-50 frame I'd like to powercoat at some point...including a swingarm and other tidbits...
With my current set up, I would need dimensions to be sure on it. But. I think it would fit.

Now that the weather is not co-operating... I will have more indoor time to start the new oven. Then it would easily fit.

Thanks

#11 ·
Aus said:
Yeah, what about a single sided swingarm? Can your oven handle that?

Also, how much to powdercoat in the black mini-tex:

Set of stock rearsets
Stator cover
Clutch cover
Brake and Clutch levers

What's your turn around time, and do you sandblast all parts prior to coating?

Thanks,
A swing arm should fit fine. But, I would like dimensions before I promise anything.

Ballpark figure... $65 for the items you listed above(minus swingarm), plus shipping if needed. If you would like it done, send me a pm and we can work out the details.

Turn around time is usually one a day or two. I like to get stuff done as soon as I can. Doesnt do me or you any good sitting at my house.

Price includes all prep work... bead blasting. All I ask is that for parts that come in contact with grease or oil, that you clean them up a little for me. A nice spray and wipe down with parts cleaner/brake clean usually does the trick.

I mask off, or plug anything that should not be coated. Like bearing surfaces and threaded holes.

Thanks!

#15 ·
powda'coat me up! can you fit dirt bike frames yet (removeable subframe).

can you get the YZ blue color? the guys i was using in Flint have the color, but i guess it depends what brand of powder you're using?

#19 ·
icantslowdown said:
powda'coat me up! can you fit dirt bike frames yet (removeable subframe).

can you get the YZ blue color? the guys i was using in Flint have the color, but i guess it depends what brand of powder you're using?
If you know the powder, I can get the same one they use.

For frames and wheels, I would really like to hold off till the larger oven is ready. It would make the job so much eaier for me.

As far as color goes. I have quite a few color samples to match with. And there are many more I can get. One of them should be a real close match.

And if someone wants an EXACT match, it is possible to get it done... but that is way expensive.

#21 ·
icantslowdown said:
What's your ETA on the new oven? With winter approaching, I have all the time in the world to get these 2 frames done.
Well, I was hoping to have it done by now. But I have been keepting pretty busy without it. Which is a good thing I suppose. :D

Right now, the plan is to get it set up and going during my Thanksgiving vacation.

I want it done BEFORE winter to be honest.

#25 ·
Chrome powdercoat never looks completely like chrome, it looks like more like polished aluminum that needs one more buff :) I've had several peices on my vintage bikes chrome powdered and cleared by 3 or 4 different shops, and they all turn out looking like that. Looks nice, just not like triple plate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.