Sportbike World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am looking for some riders in the Annapolis, Md. area. I live on the Eastern shore but love to ride all over. I also would like to meet more riders from the Eastern shore as well. If anyone is familiar with the Kent Island area and would like to perhaps ride some of the great back roads on this side of Maryland, contact me via e mail or post on the Honda forum. Oh and I guess you can respond here too! (Can you tell that I'm new here??!!) DUH!!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Why is the Eastern Shore so damn flaT>?

Hey man! My name is Dan and I am an alcoholic...oh wait, wrong forum!!! I'm 23, recently grad-u-macated from college, and I just moved down to Salisbury. I am jones'n for some one to ride with! I have a black (is there any other color?) 919 and we both crave twisites. I have only one decent riding route, so maybe we could tour around and see what's out there (or we could cruise up and down the main street over there in OC!). Well, where ever! I hear western MD has some crazy hills! Anyway, email me at [email protected] [email protected]
PEACE!
ttyl!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Why is the Eastern Shore so damn flaT>?

Hey man! My name is Dan and I am an alcoholic...oh wait, wrong forum!!! I'm 23, recently grad-u-macated from college, and I just moved down to Salisbury. I am jones'n for some one to ride with! I have a black (is there any other color?) 919 and we both crave twisites. I have only one decent riding route, so maybe we could tour around and see what's out there (or we could cruise up and down the main street over there in OC!). Well, where ever! I hear western MD has some crazy hills! Anyway, email me at [email protected] [email protected]
PEACE!
ttyl!

·
Registered
231 Posts
DAMN. I SUCK AT THIS "POSTING" THING...:confused:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honda919Rider said:
DAMN. I SUCK AT THIS "POSTING" THING...:confused:
Hey 919, I try to get down that way at least once a month. I will definitely give you a yell when weather gets better. I only get to ride weekdays mostly since I work on weekends. I can't wait to get down there. I was there 2 weeks ago and ran into a guy with a Suzuki 650 S. It was gorgeous!! All polished out with a Two Brothers Titanium pipe. I can't remember his name but later that same day, I saw him with a bunch of other riders tearing down that main drag in front of Salisbury State. I never caught up with them but I plan to the next time I'm in the area. Hope to catch up with you. Peace and ride safe.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I've seen those guys.....

Yeah, I know exactly the group you are talking about. There's like at least a dozen of them that cruise together. They tried to flag me down one night, but I was in a rush to get home. Some of their bikes are pretty tricked out, too. They seem to pick up new riders all the time. It's like a sportbike version of the Hell's Angels! Yeah BABY! I've also seen the dude w/ the SV650. Anyway, yeah, send me an email when you're out this way. Your F4 sounds pretty damn sweet, so send me a pic if you get a chance. PEACE, BRO!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: I've seen those guys.....

Honda919Rider said:
Yeah, I know exactly the group you are talking about. There's like at least a dozen of them that cruise together. They tried to flag me down one night, but I was in a rush to get home. Some of their bikes are pretty tricked out, too. They seem to pick up new riders all the time. It's like a sportbike version of the Hell's Angels! Yeah BABY! I've also seen the dude w/ the SV650. Anyway, yeah, send me an email when you're out this way. Your F4 sounds pretty damn sweet, so send me a pic if you get a chance. PEACE, BRO!
Man I'm trying hard to get a picture on the site. I think I'm just going to take some snaps with a disposable and have them developed on CD-ROM. I just checked the 10 day forecast and was pretty pissed. No good riding weather in site:crying: Anyway, I'd like to see your bike too. I don't know if I'm familiar with your bike. Post a picture if you can. Looking forward to it. Peace and be safe.

·
Registered
231 Posts
My Bike

Here's a pic of my bike. I'm not too sure on how to put multiple pics on here, so when I get "the knowledge," I'll post them. It's a pretty sweet little bike. 919cc's, 110-hp, I am guessing between 350 - 400lbs. I'd like to lower the bars, add a bikini fairing, and add a new exhaust on it. But that stuff comes per paycheck!!! I haven't really pushed it too hard because I'm still under the breakin mileage. But hey! The forcast might be a little brighter at the end of the week (damn this rain! :finger: )

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: My Bike

Honda919Rider said:
Here's a pic of my bike. I'm not too sure on how to put multiple pics on here, so when I get "the knowledge," I'll post them. It's a pretty sweet little bike. 919cc's, 110-hp, I am guessing between 350 - 400lbs. I'd like to lower the bars, add a bikini fairing, and add a new exhaust on it. But that stuff comes per paycheck!!! I haven't really pushed it too hard because I'm still under the breakin mileage. But hey! The forcast might be a little brighter at the end of the week (damn this rain! :finger: )
Very nice ride!!! She's screaming for a Two Brother's pipe just like mine. I can't wait to put a pipe on mine. I actually got a ride in today after work. Hey, is your bike to U.S. version of the Hornet that they released in Japan? It looks alot like it. I'll bet she moves with those 110 horses on that light frame!! I'll have to do some mods before I meet up with you! Should be very interesting. Did you see anyone out today? Let me know what's going on down there. I'm trying to get about 4 or 5 guys to take a run down there next week.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Nice Weather: an oxymoron in MD?

This bike is totally the Hornet! I know it's pretty damn popular in Europe, so hopefully whatever mods they've done there will trickle over here :D I know what you mean about the exhaust! I would love to have a new one installed - I was told that having the fuel injection re-mapped wont caust much at all. I wonder if I could get 20 more HP out of it???
I saw that guy on the blue SV-650s yesterday! I snuck up on him while he was turning at an intersection, zipped underneath him, and opend up my throttle! SEE YA!:D We met up at the WaWa just down the road. Cool dude, nice bike! The S model really looks good. We went for a little ride around Salisbury and the surrounding county. He wasn't too thrilled, but I had a blast.
It was cool though because I finally got to compare my bike w/ another.
Anyway, If you guys come down here we can find people to ride with out a doubt. There's usally a group riding around here somewhere. There's got to be people in this area who want to ride!
And if anybody else is reading these threads and would like to meet up, speak up!
Ok man, ttyl, peace, ride safe, enjoy any good weather we get because it's a blessing this time of year, and give a shout when you are headed this way!
Oh yeah, try to get some pics up of your bike! It sounds pretty damn sweet! :cool:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hey Guys. My name is Mike and I'm from the Inner Harbor area of Baltimore. Included is a link to a picture of my bike. I work in New York so I'm only home a couple of weekends per month but Annapolis is one of my favorite destinations and I'm always looking for people to ride with. I'll be home this weekend for the Ephrata, PA ride so maybe we will meet up. I'm also going to be out riding on Saturday if the weather is good.

http://www.sportbikeworld.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=114027#post114027

·
Registered
231 Posts
Nice Bike

Hey man, anytime you wanna meet up and ride, let me know. That bike sounds like a real steal. You paid $0 for the bike its self???

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey, I'm originally from Salisbury and my parents and close buddies are still there. So there's going to be several times this year I'll be hitting the shore. We'll meet up some day.

I'm not sure if it was just gossip, But did you hear about some dude down there with that rug like cover on his fairings that ran into a deer. My friend said he was alright, but the police had mistaken the fairing cover for the skin of the deer, cause he slammed into it so hard. Just wondering if u heard about it, thought it was a little funny.

·
Registered
231 Posts
LOL, No, I haven't seen that particular bike here, but it wouldn't suprise me if I did! Hey, give a shout when you are in town...
PEACE!:D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Honda919Rider said:
LOL, No, I haven't seen that particular bike here, but it wouldn't suprise me if I did! Hey, give a shout when you are in town...
PEACE!:D
I've seen that furry piece of crap and it looks like a frame of a bike coated with road kill!! I'm sorry to hear that he laid it down and I hope he is okay, but that bike was hideous:barf: Anyway, I took those pictures of my bike today. I used a disposable so I don't know how good they will turn out. They should be up by this weekend. I thought about riding today but it was way too windy up here by the Bay. Catch you later.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kneeslider951 said:
Hey Guys. My name is Mike and I'm from the Inner Harbor area of Baltimore. Included is a link to a picture of my bike. I work in New York so I'm only home a couple of weekends per month but Annapolis is one of my favorite destinations and I'm always looking for people to ride with. I'll be home this weekend for the Ephrata, PA ride so maybe we will meet up. I'm also going to be out riding on Saturday if the weather is good.

http://www.sportbikeworld.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=114027#post114027
Hey Mike, I saw your bike and it looks like you've pampered that thing!!! It is absolutely clean!! I guess I'm a little partial to CBR's as you can see by my choice of bike. I live just across the Bay Bridge, in the Kent Island area. I love to ride down town to the docks and meet up with the other sport bike riders. Maybe I can meet up with you there sometime. Until then, ride safe and look out for the four wheelers.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Honda919rider,

Yeah, my brother actually gave me the bike. Cost me about a $1000 to get it set up, then I felt bad because I think my brother started to really miss the bike so I set up an Etrade stock account for him as a christmas present and transfered a bunch on stocks into it. I still ended up paying less than book for a bike with only 900 miles on it. In fact I like this bike so much I got rid of my 2000 gsx750. Now I'm thinking a second bike (v-twin)

Seebeearsenal:

I've been to Kent Island before and my ex girlfriend lives just on the east side of the bridge so I can make that trip in my sleep. We will definately meet up for some spirited riding...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Who needs a job anyway?

**** the establishment! Well, sorry fellas. I lost my job in MD, so I'm back in NJ again (10 minutes from Philly) working at my old job. But if you are ever in the Philly area, drop me a line and we will ride. PEACE~

1 - 19 of 19 Posts