Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really sure what forum to put this in, but anyway:
I once saw a pretty cool clip of (I think) a MotoGP race, where the rider powerslides into a corner and then pops a wheelie on the exit. Memory can't be trusted, but I'm inclined to think either the rider or the bike or maybe even both was blue, and I think the rider was British or Scottish. Anyone have any idea what I'm on about, or know where I might find the clip?

·
Registered
452 Posts
does anyone know how exactly someone powers slides a motorcycle at that speed??????

Do you just stomp on the rear brake, kinda like pulling on the parking brake in a car to drift?????

Or is it steady f-brake pressure and throttle action???????

=====
because one day i was going crazy on the rear brake, usually i never use it, and a few times on some corners i fished tailed the rear wheel out to the side just a bit

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
you throw a bunch of fuel at your 200 horse engine which spins that back wheel free and then the skill comes into play....sometimes called steering with the rear wheel

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
does anyone know how exactly someone powers slides a motorcycle at that speed??????

Do you just stomp on the rear brake, kinda like pulling on the parking brake in a car to drift?????

Or is it steady f-brake pressure and throttle action???????

=====
because one day i was going crazy on the rear brake, usually i never use it, and a few times on some corners i fished tailed the rear wheel out to the side just a bit
Pull clutch, twist throttle, dump clutch.

*Snakesht, snakesht nom de plume, will not be held responsible for the results of any dipsh*t that takes this advice literally and ends up in the ER due to lack of judgement on a bike that he/she should not be on in the first place*

·
Registered
452 Posts
:finger:I guess you dont know:moon:

:D

c'mon seriously

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
ARK had it right. This isn't world Riceboy drift competition. It isn't done on purpose... it is caused by aggressive cornering, and made to look smooth by skill and experience.

Nailing the brake? Jeez man. Don't you have a 350Z to buy or something? Maybe move to Japan and start racing in the parking decks?

·
Registered
452 Posts
na dude,
im not planing to become a tokyo drift slant eye, that day I was trying a different technique,
I'm just being quizzical on how they do it

No track day riders here have progressively done it before?

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
but it was explained to you and you got insulting. Not a good way to pull info from the regulars around here. Just FYI.

That clip was in a video called "Faster", where they talk, in depth, about what was happening. It is nothing more than riding overly aggressive. There is no real "Trick" to getting it to slide. The trick is keeping the bike where you want it while it is doing its own thing (AKA sliding).

There is nothing more to tell. Really. So give up this delusional idea that you can become some superhuman rider by learning some ancient finger-in-the-chain trick for causing this. Okay? Good.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I dont know where you read that I want to be a superhuman rider, you must of read it when you head was up your ass!!!:p

Like I said, im just being quizzical

and as for my quote, and me being "insulting",
:finger:I guess you dont know:moon:
I felt like the comments were sarcastic, snakesht disclamer,
"...dipsh*t that takes this advice literally..."
Sorry,truley, for the miscommunication of dialogue, but I did feel insulted 1st

Okay? Good
:burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
actually....McCoy does it on purpose...but hes a crazy mofo

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts

:burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout:

So you keep going? Good show.

You'll always be another dangerous riceboy to me. It's actually sad to see it bleeding into our wonderful world of sportbikes from the already played out world of hondas with cut springs and tin can exhaust tips.

Even more sad yet... the life expectancy of squids (AKA Riceboys) in this world is MUCH shorter than in the world of cars.

Go on out and practice drifting. I'll send flowers to your funeral next week. Try not to take anyone else with you like the last few that have made the papers lately.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
I dont know where you read that I want to be a superhuman rider, you must of read it when you head was up your ass!!!:p
Not trying to be insulting around here? So why make comments like that?

and as for my quote, and me being "insulting",
I felt like the comments were sarcastic, snakesht disclamer,
While it may not be perfect, the method I mentioned will work, I just don't want some stupid squid blaming me because he isn't experienced enough to keep his bike underneath him.
That was intentional.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts