Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,
I'm looking for a good motorcycle mechanic that's in my area (Philadelphia, PA). I have a 1990 600R Ninja. Its missing a seat (either my aunt threw it away or someone stole it, either way I don't have a seat.) When I bought the bike it was running. I'd like to make it a project bike but I'm having trouble tracking down some parts. Also, did I mention I'm in college??? So finding a good yet reasonable mechcanic with ok prices is great. Thanks for the help!
Rudy

·
Registered
120 Posts
sportbikes.net has a forum called philly riders, you might get more local action on that,

try local classifieds for the seat you might find someone who will work on your bike, they might not have the part you need, but if it isn't a fence for a chop shop it could be a packrat type that likes to work on kawasakis for fun, just make sure they aren't all talk and make sure they have some references, you might even be able to find an employee of a local dealership that does work on the side, just make sure the work is up to standard,

good luck,

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
if you don't mind throwing it in a pickup and going up to the top of the northeast extension, murray's kawasaki has a ton of old kawi stuff.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
it's located in scranton, pa, about 1h30m from where the northeast extension and the turnpike proper meet.

you may wanna call them first. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
try The Bike Works in Roslyn. My buddy and his dad run it. Its probably about 2-3 miles north of what was known as Bever College, (I cant think its new name). Its just before a bridge on the right hand side

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey thanks for the hook-ups!
if you can get me a number and address that would be great!
Thanks again
Rudy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts