Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya!

Well, I'm planning on shipping my bike down to Australia in about 4 weeks, and it needs to go in a motorcycle shipping crate, inside a container.

Of course, I'm sure that I could build one, but I was hoping to try and pick one up already made.

I was wondering if anybody has any family/friends who work at a motorcycle dealer that might be able to get me a crate? I'm happy to pay them (within reason) if that is what is reqired to obtain one. I guess anything from a 600 through to a literbike size would work. If it's just the base/skid, I could work on it from there, but if it's a full crate, all the better.

Thanks all!

Cheers!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Crates

I sent a note out today to see if I can get my hands on a car crate her at Nissan. Our white bodies came from Japan in them so there pretty big. I'll let you know if there available as soon as I know something.

J

·
0 Posts
Most places destroy the crates... If you ship it forward air they have their crates and it's $150.. I spent almost a $100 in materials building mine when I sold the Duc...
It's like a big steel blast box.. You provide your own locks..

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chris, you are my saviour!! That's just what I was lookiing for.

How much did they quote to ship it to you and what was the lead time?

Cheers!

J

·
0 Posts
AUS,
Try www.forwardair.com

Best prices around and it's airport to airport... They use a blast box type steel container.. Two week lead time and it's $150 for the container.. I shipped my bike to New jersey and it was $333

1 - 9 of 9 Posts