Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh bogger.

My plans to tune a CBR600 engine to R1-bashing power are scuppered. The dozy [email protected] who were shipping my motor 'dropped it off the back of a lorry' and damaged it beyond repair. :eek:

2002 CBR doesn't seem to be a popular bike amongst crash-happy hooligans, not many wrecks around. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers, Jonny R.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
FIM 600 regs

Didnt think you were able to do any motor work for the FIM 600 series ?
BTW saw you on TV yesterday when they showed the round from Shah Alam round on Star Sports. That was you wasnt it ? Or was there some other slow twat on a mat black CBR 6 racing.

How about getting a motor from Down Under, should be cheeper for shipping and we have a contact there who could recomend a tuner (Gixxer Dave)

Was the motor insured ?
Have you tried TTS, they sell complete motors in various states of tune. Also Bob Fahrnam does stuff like that, Slasher had his CBR6 done by him.
If all else fails my mate Neil is flying back next week and he might be willing to find you an engine (dont ask from where and there might be a bike atached knowing Neil, kidding he dont do that kind of thing any more) Whats the budget and who would do the tuning for you ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Or was there some other slow twat on a mat black CBR 6 racing.
Better than the Sepang FIM report where I spent most of the time being a horizontal twat. (Haven't seen one of them for a while). Advertising space on my bellypan is now at a premium, though.

You're right you can't tune the engine for FIM, this was all in a desparate bid to beat you lot at MSS (then fit a standard head for FIM). I'm also going to the UK next week, & will do the rounds of the breakers - got Dave Stephenson lined up to do the tuning, so he's keeping a look out.

Thanks Dave if there's nothing doing in the UK I'll let you know & maybe look at getting it tuned in Oz (I heard Phil Tainton is pretty handy?).

Later, JR.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts