Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, I'm looking for a first road bike i have rode dirt bikes for a long time from 125 cc to 400 supermotos and I'm looking to hit the road, I'm wondering what a good starter bike is but I'm 6'4 and 17 so i don't think i ninja 300 or 250 will feel comfortable so I'm wondering what would be a good starter bike i don't want to go over 600cc with a inline 4 but if its a twin i would go with a 650. Living in upstate new York i have a lot of twisty roads and a few good straight stretches where i live. i will mainly be using the bike to go have fun go to work and just use it. I'm looking to spend around 3500

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey, I'm looking for a first road bike i have rode dirt bikes for a long time from 125 cc to 400 supermotos and I'm looking to hit the road, I'm wondering what a good starter bike is but I'm 6'4 and 17 so i don't think i ninja 300 or 250 will feel comfortable so I'm wondering what would be a good starter bike i don't want to go over 600cc with a inline 4 but if its a twin i would go with a 650. Living in upstate new York i have a lot of twisty roads and a few good straight stretches where i live. i will mainly be using the bike to go have fun go to work and just use it. I'm looking to spend around 3500
don't quote me on this as i'm brand new to riding too. I probably am starting w/ a bike I shouldn't be starting w/ since i have absolutely no idea what i'm really doing.

From what I've learned, a lot of people have started out riding a bike that's 650cc -- I was initially going to tell you a 250 but, since you already know how to ride dirt bikes, my suggestion would be a 650 or a 700 even though you said you don't want to go over 600. That's my suggestion though from what I've seen/read/heard from my friend.

I bought my friend's Yamaha. It's a 1000cc. Great first bike eh?!? yeah, i've already made a ton of mistakes w/ it but i really like it. I was initially looking for a ninja 250 as i heard they are great starter bikes and are very forgiving. But, my friend offered me to buy his bike soo, i went for it. My bike however, is not very forgiving as I have already learned.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
don't quote me on this as i'm brand new to riding too. I probably am starting w/ a bike I shouldn't be starting w/ since i have absolutely no idea what i'm really doing.

From what I've learned, a lot of people have started out riding a bike that's 650cc -- I was initially going to tell you a 250 but, since you already know how to ride dirt bikes, my suggestion would be a 650 or a 700 even though you said you don't want to go over 600. That's my suggestion though from what I've seen/read/heard from my friend.

I bought my friend's Yamaha. It's a 1000cc. Great first bike eh?!? yeah, i've already made a ton of mistakes w/ it but i really like it. I was initially looking for a ninja 250 as i heard they are great starter bikes and are very forgiving. But, my friend offered me to buy his bike soo, i went for it. My bike however, is not very forgiving as I have already learned.
well i wouldn't mind going over a 600 lol but most of the 650's are twins not inlines so they are a little more forgiving im just wondering what would be a good 600 inline starter bike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts