Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm pretty much new to the bike scene and I'm looking for a new bike. I'm really looking into getting a Gixxer 600 but can't decide weather or not to get an 01 or an 02. I'm just dying to get a bike now but I don't know when the next year models come out. Does anyone have an estimated time or month when Suzuki releases their new models?
Thanks.

P.S.- This site rocks. :D

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
New bikes are usually released around September/October (correct me if I'm wrong). Usually in late fall/early winter you can get good deals on that year's bike 'cause the dealers want to clear them out to make room for the new bikes. If you're price-sensitive wait until the winter and start talking to dealers. It'll be easier to work a deal.

As for the Gixxer, it's a great (and fast) bike. Just be sure that you're comfortable on it. It's got very "racey" ergos that make long rides somewhat uncomfortable/painful.

Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Downshyft said:
Why would you wanna wait till the 02 model comes out?
Well, I just started saving for the down payment and I probably won't have it for another month and a half. So by then, the 02's will probably be out. I figure I might as well get a truly new bike than a new one that's already a year outdated.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The 600,was just redesigned this year...they arent gonna change ANYTHING except maybe the color selection...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts