Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I like my bike like I like my girl - Nekkid
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am in the market for a new vehicle and hti is what i want, may consider older suburbans, but this is primarly what im looking for.

If someone comes accross one please let me know.

Thanks

-Nick

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Call Clay at work. Tonight is his late night and he's there until 9pm. 248 919-6942 He works at Holiday Chevrolet in Farmington Hills. He can get pretty much anything you're looking for.

Jen

·
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
636Jen said:
Call Clay at work. Tonight is his late night and he's there until 9pm. 248 919-6942 He works at Holiday Chevrolet in Farmington Hills. He can get pretty much anything you're looking for.

Jen
Thanks i just called and left a v-mail

-Nick

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
I've heard lots of bad reps for the 97 thru 99 diesel platform, in the truck forums and mags....
underpowered and problematic...
and I love Chevy trucks.
Dunno for sure if what I heard and read is true...:2cents:
Good luck.:thumb:

·
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Duner said:
I've heard lots of bad reps for the 97 thru 99 diesel platform, in the truck forums and mags....
underpowered and problematic...
and I love Chevy trucks.
Dunno for sure if what I heard and read is true...:2cents:
Good luck.:thumb:
Well i have done my research and there are 2 problems and they are both very easy fix's. And just an fyi, not only the 97-99 had the 6.5, just the 97-99 had a nicer interior, 94-99 had the 6.5, so i am not sure if you were reading wrong about the years.....

Thanks tho

-NIck

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
No problem Nick....He's working tomorrow so I'll remind him. I know he was checking local auctions for the car you wanted. He doesn't have anything on his lot that um.....seasoned. ;) I'll make sure he calls ya.

Jen

·
Registered
960 Posts
As long as you move the brains of the 6.5 away from the heat and road debris they are fine.... actually pretty good. There are kits and all for you to do this yourself for a couple hundred bucks.
In stock form they are not as powerful as the Cummins or Powerstrokes... but you can add a little to them and all is good.

Go for it!!

·
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
four_by_ken said:
As long as you move the brains of the 6.5 away from the heat and road debris they are fine.... actually pretty good. There are kits and all for you to do this yourself for a couple hundred bucks.
In stock form they are not as powerful as the Cummins or Powerstrokes... but you can add a little to them and all is good.

Go for it!!
Yep that is what i have been hearing, I am going to move that, if i don't get a 97+ doing the dual thermostates, and I am putting a nice intercooler on the biatch.

-Nick

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
I wanna see it when ya get it.
Nothing rocks like Suburbans, old or new.:cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts