Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum, and looking to get back into motorcycles. I had a 92 FZR600 as a first bike for about three years and then got rid of it for fear of killing myself by doing stupid things like wheelies and excessive speeding. This was 3 years ago and I have matured greatly since then (hopefully!!!) I'm really taken by the R1 and thats about the limit on my prices as well. My friend has a Gixxer 750 and I ride it to ride, but I personally hate the bike. Im a huge Yahama fan, just like the bikes, always have. But I am open to suggestions. Thanks.

·
Registered
463 Posts
You might want to just give some thought to what you want out of the bike. Lots of sportbikes will do most of what a liter bike will; 600's, 750's.

Also, Yamaha didn't do too well in a recent suspenson evaluation of liter bikes in RoadRaceWorld, last in fact.

Your comment, "...had a 92 FZR600 as a first bike for about three years and then got rid of it for fear of killing myself by doing stupid things like wheelies and excessive speeding. This was 3 years ago and I have matured greatly since then (hopefully!!!) I'm really taken by the R1", is sort of revealing but not as you would like. ;)

If you scared yourself with a 600 by risky behavior, do you actually believe that buying a liter bike three years later is evidence of new found maturity? I'm not trying to be ugly, even though it might sound like it. I just fell off my ZX6R via my own "risky behavior" so I'm giving myself a little extra license to be candid. ;)

I think bikes are only good for two things: transportation or "risky" (but fun) behavior. Nobody needs a liter sportbike for transportation. Looks like you aren't really "over it" yet. :)

Me either and I'm 52. LMAO.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
You will find the present 600s to be far lighter & with a maze of power as long as you get them up on pipe. If you feel you have curbed your antics on the road then any bike should be okay ----- it is up to you, but note a lot of 1000cc riders have gone back to 600s even if they are a peakier engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should probably clarify my earlier statement about fearing i was going to kill myself. While I love wheelies and speed, I was doing them in high traffic and other dangerous areas. I fully understand theres not point in ahving a high performance vehicle if you dont use it every now and again!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts