Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm searching around for a beginner bike, and I've found a few used ones. Mostly looking at Kawasaki Ninja 500s, though I'd also looked at the GS500F I think the Ninja will stick with me a bit longer.
I can afford a new one easily (which I wouldn't mind because at least I know what it's been through... nothing :p ) but I understand the wisdom in buying used. So the bikes I've found so far-
1. '02 Kawasaki ninja 500, red, 230 miles but they (it looks like a small bike shop) are asking $4395 for it... way too much for an '02 model, no matter how few miles on it IMO. Was thinking of calling them and maybe offering a price and seeing what they say...
2. '03 ninja500, dropped a couple of times from a standstill (so I'm told) but apparently no lasting damage, 9200 miles, $3300 (says he bought it new in '04)
3. '05 ninja500, only couple of months old, less than 500 miles, $4500
Any advice/opinions? Thanks all

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Wow...seems all of those you listed are a tad high...I've seen o2's for 2200.00...ya just gotta check around..they are out there..and some Good deals to be had...

Try the cycle trader....check other BBS classifides.. Normally dealers don't offer the best deals...try to find a seller that Needs to sell his or her bike...:D

I'll keep my eyes open for ya..as I visit lots of other MC boards..;)
Here's one example, although it's a GS500..:D

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124008

1 - 2 of 2 Posts