Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there everyone - I am new here (obviously.) I'm a 20 year old car nut, who has been turned to motorcycles because my beefed-up Fiero just isn't cutting it right now. She's been down for about 9 months, and has set me back about 13,000 dollars. I will be buying a new toy soon; I'm leaning towards a brand new kawasaki ZX-6R. That should be a good mix of 'stupid kid' and 'inexpensive fun'. Anyhow, figured that I may as well post here and say 'hi' because, well, that's what this place is for... :)

Cheers!

Funk

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
welcome.....

Glad to have you........and yeah.....what he said!:thumb: You definately may want to weigh some different bike options if this is going to be your first bike......just a friendly, welcoming word.:D ;) Be safe and go ride!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I spent some time looking around, and read a LOT of crash stories. I think I'll start with something smaller, as EVERYONE has suggested. :p Seems to be the wise thing to do. After all, everyone cant be wrong, especially when they've all done it! lol!

Thanks for the advice :D

Funk

·
Registered
604 Posts
me.....

I started on a "Baby Ninja"! I would have probably been happier with a 500cc bike! I'm still thankful that I started small!:thumb:

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
I've been riding for more than a few seasons and I'm still on a mini 'ceptor (500cc). They're (<600cc) cheap to own and operate and you don't freak when you drop it (a likely event, unfortunately).:thumb:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Re: me.....

endleswavz said:
I started on a "Baby Ninja"! I would have probably been happier with a 500cc bike! I'm still thankful that I started small!:thumb:
I feel exactly the same way.

I'll recomend you get that 500 if you can:thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts