Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Raining in many areas & a lot of rear ending by cage drivers. Know of at least two m/cist that have gone done in this veryarea, so it will be interesting to see how many all across Cdn made it though unscathed.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
F4iBaby: Good thinking upon your part.

Fortunately I am retired (not good in the fact that my good yrs of riding are of the past) so I really can choose my days.
I skip each Sunday as I open up the Gun Range & am in-charge all day as a director-instructor, so my volunteer bit to keep the range in shape for all forms of safe shooting.
Saturdays are usually grunt runs, but then bar any Stat Monday holiday I have the rest of the week to ride.
I tend to stay clear of crowds, or carnivals or anything like festivals which are fairly common here in my area. Also I know that at least a mtn bike or racing bikes with "tubs" at least once a month so work my way around that group & we all get along well since we are two wheeled people.
As you say it is the drunks & crazy drivers out there. I simply do NOT want to be taken down again as I ride my 600 or 929.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RA20R: From reports it looks as if----

---many parts of Ontario will receive sunny weather while we are still plagued with rain in most of the southern parts of B.C.
Mind you the L-O-N-G week-end here was basically rained in. This really is a strange yr for the log books on my bikes shows I was putting a lot of milage on my bikes in '01 from mid-March & this time it was mid-April before I rolled out & milage is way down. Not that I have lost the enthusiasm, but simply because of COLD & lousy weather.
Even at the gym all are griping about all the rain ---------- still better then some of the flooding in other parts of B.C. I would not want to be an orchardist again with this screw-up in weather, but have gone through several winters where I actually lost most of my fruit trees back in 1965 & '67 due to COLD winters & one could hear the bark cracking on the trees!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Today (wednesday..22nd.) its finally nice again ! What a bad weekend we had :finger: It was too cold here for any good riding so I didn't go out at all. But today was GREAT so I was out all morning before I had to work at 3pm. But on the way to work I got pulled over for going 116 in an 80:eek: But the cop was cool and only gave me a fine for having expired insurance papers. The speed ticket would have been a very bad thing for my insurance. He has a 2000 ZX 9 so I'm sure that helped me out a bit:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts