Sportbike World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I gotta call Tim (new guy in Queens) tonight. I forgot to call him, he'll ride with us on the weekends and possibly the weeknights since he rides up here for parts sometimes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
sup guys

hey guys im available to ride in the evenings or pretty much whenever the weather is good...we had a pretty decent time riding the last time with yen..except for those pesky 16 wheelers..lol:p ..emali me back and i'll give ya my pager#...frank:cool:

·
Registered
29 Posts
For all you Long Islanders wondering why no one is posting here......please go to esportbike.com There are very active LI boards there in the local rides area.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very active, but disorganised, and it doesn't update right away. For me atleast and I'm T3 at work and still don't get updates...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes Ranger, I agree that it is sometimes disorganized, but that is because there are people from all ends of LI. We have a somewhat organized ride today. We are meeting at the OBI on ocean pkwy between 6:30 and 7:00. And yes, the site is a little slow sometimes. I have a cable modem, and I do have problems occassionally. However, usually it is just fine.

Jim

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well mine is geared just for the LI People. ;)

As far as riding, I don't get home from the city until 7:30pm, so it's always too late for me to meet up with you guys.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nope....My bike was totaled back July 29th due to an Oil and sand mess on Commack Road. Apparently there was an accident 1 hour before ours and it wasn't cleaned up at all. We were going 20mph and it went straight up when it hit the oil...Wife was in and out of the hospital for 3 months with a shattered ankle. She just now is learning how to walk. My car is as fast as my bike now...so for now...I'll stick to that. I have a 2001 929 as well now...but selling it and getting the 954.

Take care all....

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm down for rides whenever it's nice out. I'm in the bronx , but it only takes a minute to get to long island from here.Send me an [email protected] (I ALSO HAVE A FEW OTHER GUYS THAT RIDE ON THE WEEKENDS)

·
Registered
1 Posts
new rider here...

Hey everyone, im new here~ ranger...your from commacK??? i live right near commack road, and ive never seen any riders around here, I just got my bike and its nice to know that I wont be the only guy riding around =)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Tae,

There are many sportbike riders on LI, you just have to know where to go. I'm located in Nesconset (town of smithtown). However, I'm currently working in Maryland, and I come home on weekends to ride. Go to esportbike.com Then go into the local ride forums.....there are quite a few posters. Since you live in Commack, you are probably familiar with DPA (deer park ave.) Just some advice...........stay away from that road. A lot of guys hang out at the 7-11, but the cops are cracking down. They do too much stunt riding and drag racing.......bound to get you in trouble. A kid was just killed there two weeks ago racing. Keep in touch, I'm always up for a local ride of a saturday or sunday.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts