Sportbike World banner

LONG ISLAND Part II

5K views 30 replies 6 participants last post by  Ranger187 
#1 ·
Hey guys - looks like I have to go into work tomrrow for a few hours - wont be able to make the trip to Bear mnt, and Im pretty pissed off! Anyway - if you guys dont go and are out riding around 1p on the Island or vacinity let me know - I'll come meet up wherever you end up.

#2 ·
Have you guys been doing Bear Mtn every weekend?? lol... If anyone wants to meet up for a few hours after work in Pt Jeff during the week, let me know... Any of the Suffo;lk Guys Know if they are still doing Wednesdays at Nathans in Commack??? I know there are a few people trying to get a bear mtn trip in one of the other sites also...

#3 ·
Hah - no, not every weeked - we are trying to put together another ride up there on Saturday 05/12 - Sunday is Mother's day, so thats a no-go.

As far as Nathan's in Commack - don't know if people are going there on Wednesdays - but if so, post it up, I'll definately make the trip out there -

And any time you are heading out to PJ post it up, we can certainly scrounge up a few guys to head out too.

#7 ·
I have converted the video taken from our trips from the Digital Video Camera to .AVI. It's roughly 4.8 gigs. I should have it in a few formats by this weekend. Hopefully me and my camera skillz get better....

20 Minutes worth is equal to 5 gigs at 320x320. I'll be converting this to 640x480 so it will be double...but it will be in DiVX format by then. Any suggestions on CODEC's?

But we got some good shots.

http://bikes.pagematrix.com/New has a few pics from the videos. I'll be posting more after I convert it to streaming media.

#9 ·
Well...I now have all the Videos on my server. 35 gigs worth. That's a total of 3 tapes. 1 of them is ours.

This is my first time with doing this type of Video editing, so I'm going to be slow with this one. Hehe. If you guys wanna see it, when we meet up here in LI....we can stop by and take a look. I should be able to stream most of it since the entire tape is not all bikes.

#15 ·
Dude, I guess you don't undestand HD sizes. Let me reiterate this for you.

Floppy = 1.4 megs
Zips = 100 or 250 megs
CDR's = 650/700 megs
HD sizes are in Gigs. 1000 megs = 1 gig

These AVI's total 65 GIGS. If you want to bring 26,000 ZIP's be my guest. ;)

The smallest AVI I have is 4.5 gigs.

You'll have to wait till I convert these using codec's but your more than welcome to stop by and watch them before there encoded.

--Rick

#19 · (Edited)
Yeah but once you format the video w/ codec, etc, it is pretty compressed at that point is it not? meaning a zip isnt going to save you 30% of its original size - same problem with zipping up an mp3, because it is already compressed you cant really compress it much more.

#20 ·
Well winziping it won't save any, but putting it on a zip or any media won't compress it. I think you got it mixed up...anyways I was told a 4 gig AVI can be compressed down to 50 megs. Unfortunately it's 100% cpu usage and could take days. Good thing I have nuff spare boxes for this.

I'll be converting it on the P3 box...if that doesn't do it fast nuff....will move it to the Dual Xeons. ;)

Regardless, I should have something to show soon, or at the least, stream it off my www.

#23 ·
crudmop...

yah. i took a stooppid dumpy. but its fixed. its been fixed! its just meeh<cough><sneeze>
allergies got really bad for 2 weeks, yo.
wats up for the weekend? yen says he got finals. so, is everybody just takin a break from the road?

#24 ·
Nah no breaks hehehe.

Hey, glad to hear you didnt get hurt -
see what happens when you wheelie a ninja250 hahaha
:D

Wheelie contest is out east on sunday - dont think I am going to go though, too many degenrates stealing shit, and you gotta get there early to get a good spot - but im definately up for a ride somewhere -

#26 ·
crudmop....

exactly! and u guys said it couldnt be done coz shes too lil! hah! prove ya'll wrong. anyway, that whole pop-the-clutch-in-1st-gear is just plain iNSANE! sum have said to do in 2nd....what do u say oh-wise-and-all-knowing?

ranger....
finally took a prescription(claritin/allegra) definitely works better than over the counter syet!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.