Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if you guys didn't know, Doc and I took a trip last year over the 4th of July. We didn't do it as a Bike club thing we just did it between us. We're doing a similar trip this year and if anyone would like to join us this year we can take 2 more bikes and riders so keep it in mind. This is an EXPERIENCED rider trip so keep that in mind also. It's hard core, lots of riding and fun. We are still planning the trip but here's what we know so far.

We are leaving the 1st and will be back on the 9th. Will probably entail most of the blue ridge parkway, virgina, W Virgina, TN, NC, deals, and a few large citys.

Here's what we need...a driver.

We are going to trailer down 6-7 hundred miles and drop the bikes off. We need someone to go with us and we'll PAY you to drive the trailer and truck back to MI. This is our own PERSONAL truck/trailer and equipment so we need someone trustworthy, of good character and with some trailering experience. So if anyone (members or friends) is interested in tagging along Saturday and Sunday 7/1 and 7/2 for a few extra bills let me know! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
i will offer up my services, tentatively, just have to check the dates (just drive down there 1 day and then drive back, right?). i dont know you too good since we only rode once, but i'd be willing to do it, cause i love driving. i have a chauffeurs license (3 years). i used to pull commercial excavating/landscape equipment. i have experience hauling cars, boats, jetskis, and i haul my bikes on a regular basis. i also on occasion (when my dad doesnt want to) haul a 36 foot 3axle 5th wheel. i often drive for work when needed, although i do not haul trailers at work just drive parts in vans. i have driven to and through almost everywhere in the country except north of new york, and am familiar with many roads and states.

i love driving, so i would gladly do it pending my schedule for that weekend, that is if you want me :D (my feelings wont be hurt if you dont). feel free to call me (810)919-6272.

nate

·
Registered
966 Posts
I would have joined you guy's but I'm doing basically the same trip (minus trailer) starting June 9. Boss would kill me if I took another week off that soon. I'll keep a log of our route and let you know if we come across any cant miss roads or places of interest. :cool:

·
Registered
532 Posts
GPZRider said:
I would have joined you guy's but I'm doing basically the same trip (minus trailer) starting June 9. Boss would kill me if I took another week off that soon. I'll keep a log of our route and let you know if we come across any cant miss roads or places of interest. :cool:
can I join you?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Justing posting up to say have fun and stay safe.

I am heading out the Tuesday after Memorial day on my own... go through Louisville to check in a on a friend... then head over to Deals Gap during the week. Then on to Skeenah, GA for a ZRX rally for the weekend. Be back in town in the evening on the 5th. I cant wait to go!!!

:thumb:

·
Registered
960 Posts
xdbx said:
where do you find your bike specific rallies?
I am in the ZRX Owners Association... they have a webiste. The National meeting in Eureka Springs AR had more than 300 people and something like 138 bikes or soemthing. if not more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts