3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to CaNinjaChick for this one....

Post 'em!

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
In an effort to improve his ride experience, Hurley Darwinson created the 'Put 'em up' handlebars. This creation was inspired by always being pulled over by Police who insist that Mr. Darwinson keep his hands raised while being questioned. Now our friend Hurley never has to leave his bike during Police interrogation and can be on his way in record time!
Don't know if anyone noticed, but he has a Sponsor sticker from a deodorant company on his tank. Thank goodness!

·
Registered
860 Posts
cookeetree said:
In all seriousness, though, how can that sh*t be legal???
Depends on the state. I think some states just never really thought about adding that to motor vehicle law. Some do have those laws, though. I know Wyoming does. A couple 1%ers I used to know rode into Wyoming while up in Sturgis. They were quickly pulled over by one of Wyoming's finest and told either to leave the state or have their bikes impounded.

Something about how the handle bars couldn't be higher than the shoulders or above the shoulders by a certain number. I don't remember exactly.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
I can ride through rivers just like those Hummers!

Note very high exhaust.

PS: The sign indicates Missouri and I've seen more than a few high bars in this state. Laws may be on the books but its enforcement that's not always practiced.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
That bike is stolen. It really belongs to Animal from The Muppets.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
LOL...no wonder why they call those "ape hangers". Look at the postioning of his body, shoulders, and arms. So like an orangutan or something.

"I knew these props from Planet of the Apes would be put to good use."

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
cookeetree said:
In all seriousness, though, how can that sh*t be legal???
The trick is that no officer would be able to write the ticket, cause he/she would be laughing too hard.

·
Registered
217 Posts
no one even saw the really tall exhaust pipes that dont even fit into the picture

·
Registered
452 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rider-"I don't see how anyone could ride one of those dam rice burners. They have to be so uncomfortable!"

I actually had a guy tell me that as he climbed on his Hardly witha pair of ape hangers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts