Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking about getting a lockhart phillips speedscreen V2 for my red/black f4i. there website says these are suppose to keep the wind off you a little better plus i think the dark smoke colored screen would look pretty slick

does anyone have any experience with these? also does anyone have any pics of a red/black f4i with a dark smoke colored screen.

thanks

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
I've put the lockhart phillips speedscreens on both my 2000 F4 and my 2002 XX and I love the way they look. I got the dark smoke color for both, but I don't have any pics on here yet. As far as wind protection, I don't know if its much if any different. The look is well worth the money though, and they were both fairly easy to install. I got mine from Chaparral along with 1/2 tank covers.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
They definately work, but sometimes, you need to be in the "sweet spot" to feel the effects. What this means is the V2 redirects airflow, above the rider, or at least higher than stock. If you are in the sweet spot, you will not feel the full blast. But also keep in mind that air speed around the sweet spot will be higher, so it could be worse than stock.

They are especially useful in the racing circuit where a stock windscreen is not tall enough for the rider to tuck underneath the airflow. By having a taller screen, the rider can get completely underneath, gaining a few MPH. This is why you will never (or hardly ever) see anything other than clear on racebikes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts