Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
gixxer12 said:
what is the littlest 600 out?...i know some are different sizes...but which one is the littlest?
Of the 4 "main" brands(Honda, Kawi, Yamaha, and Suzuki), I think the littlest 600 WEIGHT wise, is the gixxer 600. No clue on the size wise bike...

I could be wrong, so don't quote me on that...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Yamaha

[URL=http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/GSXR600K4/Specs/Default.aspx]Suzuki

Honda

kawasaki.

It looks like overall kawasaki 600r is beating out yamaha by a few points of an inch and a couple of pounds.

A lot of people say the the r6 is one of the smallest bikes.

Slip-On Rapist said:
Of the 4 "main" brands(Honda, Kawi, Yamaha, and Suzuki), I think the littlest 600 WEIGHT wise, is the gixxer 600. No clue on the size wise bike...

I could be wrong, so don't quote me on that...
Yea your wrong. I closed the websites but I think it stacked up some thing like this
This is dry weight according to mfg info on site.
600R Kwacker 355lbs
R6 357lbs
Gixxer 6 361lbs
Honda 370lbs

why the tags will not work for Suzuki webiste IDK.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
EdgeRanger said:
Yamaha

[URL=http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/GSXR600K4/Specs/Default.aspx]Suzuki

Honda

kawasaki.

It looks like overall kawasaki 600r is beating out yamaha by a few points of an inch and a couple of pounds.

A lot of people say the the r6 is one of the smallest bikes.

Yea your wrong. I closed the websites but I think it stacked up some thing like this
This is dry weight according to mfg info on site.
600R Kwacker 355lbs
R6 357lbs
Gixxer 6 361lbs
Honda 370lbs

why the tags will not work for Suzuki webiste IDK.
Dude I just went to the Suzuki website and the dry weight of the gixxer 600 is 354.9 pounds. Am I reading this wrong?

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/GSXR600K4/Specs/Default.aspx

·
Registered
460 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
EdgeRanger said:
Nope I'm a fucken dumb ass, you are right. What I saw was 361kg, and thought it was pounds.
You read wrong again.... it's 161 kg. LOLOL.... Just givin' ya sh*t man.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
EdgeRanger my question on speeds, distance, height, & fuel capacity are not going to have you wondering now--are they? Just because we Cdns use the metric system.

Well to be honest when I put down my weight it is in lbs for my bathroom scale is in lbs, my height has bee around the same for some yrs, bar becoming stooped, while weight of powder I use in my reloads is in grains & not grams, & so many more. Those & so many more are still in the mind as what was used here in North America for so many yrs.

Back in '77 I was two days in court, last part of September, over RCMP that had charged me with Dangerous Driving (a Capital Offence in Cdn) on a Honda CB400F m/c & the two cops were trying to use metric lingo. My lawyer said that since the incident took place in April & not July (change over to so much metric crap) that they please use the (what ever he called it) now in court.

Also since I am so lousy with numbers or memory I can always recall that one due to the Criminal Offence.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I know the R6 is small, too small for me. Not sure abouth the kaw. If you are a small sixe person I am sure you would love the R6. Go try them on for size.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm 5'10, I have a fairly long arms. and the R6 fits me very well. I can almost ride perfecty upright. Yet I can tuck right in and be conftorable. It not nearly as wide as a Suz, or honda, I haven't ever even sat on a kwacker.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
I don't understand why everyone says the R6 is too small. Having sat on just about every 600 out there, the one that fits me the best is the R6. I'm 6'2" with a 34" inseam. Next would be the Triumph probably. Next would be the Honda and Kawasaki, both are about the same with the Honda slightly better. The absolute worst and most uncomfortable bike I think I've ever been on was the Gixxer.

Just seems funny that everyone I asked told me the Kaw was the best for ergo's for taller riders, but when I sat on it and compared it to the rest it came in second to last.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I am only 5'7" / 145 lbs and EVERYTHING feels big on me except the R6. The worst ones for me was the Kawi, and the Gixxer in a close second.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm 5'7" 130 pounds and my F4i feels pretty good... I would like if I could touch the ground a little more with my feet, but I'm over half way to flat foot, so I guess that's good enough. :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Kawasaki had the best ergo's before the 636, then honda.. then yamaha then gixxer (to my understanding)

There is three bikes that fit me fantastic the best is the kawasaki zzr600, then the Honda superhawk 1000, then the hayabusa.

I am 5'7-5'8 175lbs
Every 600 sport bike i sit on is to tall the triumph being the worst , i can hardly fricken tip-toe on the triumph 600. Although I did ride and loved the 955i. Damn my short stature!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts