Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go on a lot of long rides with my dad. Well sometimes they tend to get a little boring. My questions is does any one here ever listen to music while riding thier bikes? With a cd player or tape. It seems like it would help pass the time. My only concern about listening to music is that it may be a little distracting. I have not done this yet I am not sure if it is a good idea or not. If anyone does this let me know if it bothers you or not. Or if anyone has any comments on this I would appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Tunes

Good question...

From time to time I do listen to music via my MP3 Player and Chatterbox. It has never really bothered me before, but I can see your concern. IMHO I would not recommend listening to music in heavy traffic...... or "N'Sync" in any conditions.

Try it and see how you feel about it afterwards....

Good Luck

Zoom....

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah around here there is not a lot of traffic, and don't worry nsync will get no play on my bike. I think that I wil try it on my way to work next spring, easy ride not a lot of traffic nad not to long, and I will see how it feels. Thanks for the reply
good advice on the nsync thing.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I assume you listen to tunes whilst skiing (or boarding) as you live in one of the finest snow centers in the world. :D

For the most part, listening to tunes is cool while riding, but if you find yourself in a high traffic or urban setting, chill out. You need your total concentration so as not to become a hood ornament on a Buick.

There was a lengthy thread on this subject last year. One of our more "web-educated" members can likely post a link to it here for your edification.

Enjoy the snow!

Kev

Try listening to Afro-Celt Sound System 2, superb skiing/boarding and riding tunes :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
try to avoid music that will get you all riled up... next thing you know you are ready for take off...

Welcome to the Jungle makes me ride fast for example...

·
Registered
560 Posts
....or Free Bird, followed by Green Grass & High Tides...hello speeding ticket right now!

If you are clueless to this, you'z just too young....

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replys, I tried a search and it seems that some like music others don't. I guess it is a personal opinion. I think that important part is to just stay safe.

-Tahoe-
I like to take my md player when I go snowboarding. I just figured if I wasn't paying attention and I fall oh well there is the snow, rather then the street. I will have to check out the group you suggested I need some new music for the mountain.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Good downhill music:

Afro Celt Volume 2

Kodo "Sai Sao"

Rippingtons "Curves Ahead"

Serious beat, high energy, with a touch of esoteric to keep you from getting too bored. :D Let me know if you like 'em.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Although i havent tried it yet i believe its just a matter of opinion and how comfortable each person is with it. My best advice is to try it out when you know your going to ride mellow and see how you feel. Try it a few times and see how you like it. Just be sure your not riding anything other then mellow when you do. I suggest only listening when going for a cruise or heading somewhere. When youre out to have fun... listen to the bike and wind noise channel.:D

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I love listening to Tool and Godsmack while I'm on the dirtbike. Of course it gets a little choppy when I'm going over logs. :) It keeps the blood pumping though. On the street I'd probably never listen to music while riding. I'd want to hear what's going on around me.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
CSW said:
I go on a lot of long rides with my dad. Well sometimes they tend to get a little boring. My questions is does any one here ever listen to music while riding thier bikes? With a cd player or tape. It seems like it would help pass the time. My only concern about listening to music is that it may be a little distracting. I have not done this yet I am not sure if it is a good idea or not. If anyone does this let me know if it bothers you or not. Or if anyone has any comments on this I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Before putting on a set of headphones and cruising around while listening to the Backstreet Boys, you may want to check with local authorities and make sure it's legal to do so. Just a thought. :)

·
Registered
753 Posts
Re: Re: Listening to music while riding?

hot_rocket78 said:

Before putting on a set of headphones and cruising around while listening to the Backstreet Boys, you may want to check with local authorities and make sure it's legal to do so. Just a thought. :)

:p :p LMAO

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
My only problem is when the coffee buzz and a good song hit at the same time on the ride in in the morning. Oh fuc officer, I was going how fast???????????

Anyone have a good solution for mounting headphones in your helmet (as far as brand, made for helmets, mounting solutions). There used to be adds in the back of the mags for a set called helmet blasters but I haven't seen it lately.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I gutted an old pair of head phones that came with my Sony Car Diskman... worked well with my HJC helmet... with the terrible ventilation my HJC is actually quiter... I was actually able to hear music from the speakers...

but my new Shoei doesnt have the ear cavity pocket thing... and with better ventilation the wind noise is louder...

·
Registered
71 Posts
apexismaximus said:
Anyone have a good solution for mounting headphones in your helmet (as far as brand, made for helmets, mounting solutions). There used to be adds in the back of the mags for a set called helmet blasters but I haven't seen it lately.
I use the in-ear type with the part that hooks around your ear, made by Sony. They don't come out when you put on your helmet and sound great.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts