Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got bored about a week ago, so I downloaded a copy of Ubuntu 8.04 and ran the live CD. I quickly realized I couldn't do much with it unless I could install plugins and addons. I decided to install it as a dual boot and just leave 4gb for Ubuntu.

The first night I had it, I spent about 9 hours messing around with it. 95% of the stuff I do can be run in Linux, but I still have to keep microsuck on as a dual boot for my desktop so I can operate a couple of the recording studio programs I have, and play FSX. I went back and reformatted the partitions, though. Linux is now my primary OS on my desktop and my only OS on my laptop. It is absolutely amazing, and much more customizable.

Just thought I would share that since there have been more than a few discussions about Linux in the past around here.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
My network has segregated systems for various purposes. One, for instance, is for online purchases only, thus preventing any spyware from being loaded. Linux serves some key purposes in my network and Ubutnu is my fav. Smoothwall is another very nice tool ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts