Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at the new Buells during the bike show that came thru town a few weeks ago. The firebolt was a bit too stretched out for me but the Lightning felt pretty good sitting on it. Has anyone put a windscreen on one??? The only road bike I've had before was an '86 Intruder,which I put 50,000+ miles on. And I only had it for a couple of months before I put a plexifairing III on it... I don't do much long distance riding but I do enough local highway riding that I would like to knock down on the wind blast...

Kevin

·
Registered
860 Posts
I havent heard anything about one. I know you can buy one for the blasts ,but i doubt it for the lightning. It might be kinda tuff but i bet you could piece one together. Although i think it would look kinda goofy like that. Anyways to each his own hope it works for ya

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Phat, thanks for your reply...

Yea, I had wondered about the looks also. I had just wondered if anyone had installed one, and how it worked, what it looked like etc.
Like I said, I really liked the comfort factor of the Lightning over the Thunderbolt. Could you, with different pegs and bars or risers, get the riding position of a thunderbolt closer to a lightning or would that just be stupid and asking for trouble??? Hey, I know that's a loaded question but I'm just looking for opinions... Civil ones that is... :)

Kevin

·
Registered
860 Posts
I am not too sure about that one. They are basicly the same bike, but the lightning has a different rear end and bars. As for changing it around you might have some problems with the bolt's wind screen since it has clip ons instead of bars and im not too sure how the pegs are mounted on as compared to the lightning. Although just about any thing can be done with enough cash or a decent garage. If you want to try some people who own one try this site alot of those guys know what they are talking about instead of me guessing. www.badweatherbikers.com pretty good site when you need some help but i like the crowd over here for for some strange reason:rolleyes: :D Good luck with what ever you try:thumb:

(p.s you were talking about the firebolt not the thunderbolt right?)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an FYI...

Just an FYI, it went and test rode an XB9R yesterday. Cool bike, I really liked it but I'm still leaning towards the XB12R. It was the first sport type bike I"ve ridden and the riding position was really comfy after you got moving, I had been wondering about that. I was afraid the 'long' reach to the bars would be too much for an 'old fogie' like me, (42) but it wasn't ... And after up to highway speeds, if you wanted to get out of the wind blast just slide back and hide behind (as much as you can anyway) the windscreen and you're pretty much out of the wind... Rookie observations...

Kevin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts