Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey People!
I am starting to design my own flip up license plate for my Honda CBR F4. I will be using it for bike shows and well just in case!?!
I wanted to know if anyone has seen this before or would have pics or any knowledge of how todo this and what tools to use. I have thought about fliping it up or tucking it in do the fender electronically with a push of the button. Any assistance will be greatful. If you want please email me at [email protected]

Thanks,
Sam

·
Registered
306 Posts
Let me know.....

If James Bond or "Q" contact you....ha ha ha ha

J/K.......sort of

Really though, it sounds like a pretty cool idea, if it's even possible, but I guess anything is possible with the right servos...hint,hint,hint

·
Registered
866 Posts
seen this done a hundred times, just never paid attention, the easier way it flip up then att you nee to do is mount the plate on a hinge and rig a servo from your local hobby shop to a switch, thats it. now if you really want to go trick make the one that flips and exposes anoth plate, or a sign or something

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
check out ebay, someone was selling them on there for about 100-150 does not look like it would be hard to rig up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

Hey guys, I couldnt locate this item on ebay. Have no clue what to type for the search ya know? Also what does a servo do? For the guy that has seen this a hundred times , let me know where you saw if you could please!

Thanks
1Stop

http://preludes10.tripod.com

·
Registered
17 Posts
Go to www.starboyz.com and hit "enter"

Then select "Merchandise"

Then select "novelties"

The flip up license plate is on there. It's $150 tho' - so it ain't exactly what you'd call "cheap".

Cheaper than a speeding ticket with points tho'

Good luck!

Eric

·
Registered
6 Posts
SilentNEKO said:
seen this done a hundred times, just never paid attention, the easier way it flip up then att you nee to do is mount the plate on a hinge and rig a servo from your local hobby shop to a switch, thats it. now if you really want to go trick make the one that flips and exposes anoth plate, or a sign or something
Now that would be tight!!!

Outlaw

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have seen what you want

If memory recals some people in europe were fabricating them using a power radio antena and a form of runner to guide the plate up under the rear fairings. It was powered by a switch on the handle bar. I dont recall the web site off hand but will do some looking and reply again

"if life is passing you by....get a faster bike!!"

·
Registered
100 Posts
1stop this is for you

1stop, I noticed that you are using shitty FREE tripod with the 20MB of HD space...Well I am guessing that until you start making money off your site, which I hope you will, then you will throw out some cash and get a real host that won't crash on you so much (I know this, used tripod for yrs.) ANyways those popups are very annoying as you probably know and people visiting will think so too, so here's a solution:

paste this code into ALL of your pages that are on your site and it will rid your site of the popups..

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
var temppopup = window.open( "", "tempWin", 'toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=0,resizable=0,width=1,height=1');
window.open = temppopup.open;
temppopup.close();
var popup = window.open("", "TripodPopup",'toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=0,resizable=0,width=1,height=1');
popup.close();
</SCRIPT>

Also, I you might want to check into using a REDIRECTING service such as Has.it or CJB.net.. Theres lots of them out there so just sdo a search for whatever you want on Redirecting services..They allow you to name your site such as www.1stopcycleshop.cjb.net all while keeping your Tripod account..It's a pretty nice service, and you don't have to pay for it..It's all free, so you won't have to pay for a doman name such as www.1stopcycleshop.com which would probably run you like somewhere in the ballpark of $9-$25/mnth.. Hope some of this info helps..Hope everything works out..

Redirectors I know of:

www.cjb.net
www.has.it/home.php

ENjoy!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
what about that thing that makes the plate blackout i seen them for about $80 i think ill see if i can find the site and post it

·
Registered
122 Posts
i swear ther is such thing a esp.. i was just thinking about this.. i was thinking the easy route tho.. no switches, just a flip up on hinges opperated by a choke cable... simple, sweet

·
Registered
9 Posts
One friend of mine has a choke cable that can raise and lower the plate. Another friend just has a spring that will snap it up once a line is pulled. The ones that you can reset while riding are better...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts