• None of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jut wondering who here is riding with a actual motorcycle license or just a permit. Just wondering.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I am riding with a license. I got my license after completing a 3 day riding course given by TEAM Az motorcyclist training. This group is MSF certified.

I have a class "D"
a class "M" endorsement
and eventually a class "A" license for driving large and/or tractor-trailor vehicles.

·
Registered
425 Posts
License

Got my Class 6 (2 wheels) in March`81,my class 5 (4 wheels) a year later.I don`t think you can ride here without a license,you have to be licensed but can buy a TOP(temporary operations permit) to cover anything from 2 weeks of insurance to 3 months.Am I totally confusing?????..................ken.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
auger is correct that in this part of Cdn--

-----we must have a m/c license & as he pointed out it is called a Class 6. This went into effect around 1968.
About every 4 to 6 yrs the RCMP are stopping ALL riders to see if they have said license.
First time this went into effect I was stopped numerous times & this one Constable (who I knew a bit from shooting up on our gun range) apoligized, realizing he had stopped me three times, so then I was nosey enough to ask why & he pointed out as of to date they found something like over 90% of the m/cs did NOT have a Class 6 License.
I do not know what it is like in other Province though lived & rode in Manitoba, Saskatchewan & Alberta, but this was before the manditory liability insurance & m/c license went into effect.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a license. It 'S WAY TO EASY of a thing to get ,to ignore
and get a towed bike and hefty fine.

john

1 - 10 of 10 Posts