Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im sure this is a total noob question but im kinda stuck in a lame stiuation. i want to start riding as soon as i can, but i can't get my moto license til the end of august. so i was wondering if i could still ride track with out any issues just to get some expirience under my belt.

·
Registered
423 Posts
First things first, how much riding experience do you have under your belt? Things happen a lot faster on the track so you don't want to be thinking about the braking process or the shifting process when you are out there. It should be second nature to you before you get out there.

To ride the track you don't need a license. Each track day orginazation will have its own rules and regulations. For the orgs. I ride all you need is a bike prepped for track in good working order and all your gear.

The track is the by far the best place to learn how to ride your bike at or near your personal limit, however its not a place to learn how to ride.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've never really road before, but my buddy keeps one of his bikes at a local track and we've talked about goin down there so he could teach me some stuff.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i havent been to a track event. I have a similar question, does your bike have to be insured? (i have a feeling the answer is no because a lot of the cars i see at track events DEFINITELY would not pass an emisions test)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Raichu said:
i havent been to a track event. I have a similar question, does your bike have to be insured? (i have a feeling the answer is no because a lot of the cars i see at track events DEFINITELY would not pass an emisions test)
Nope, a lot of the bikes you see at track days won't even have a title. As long as your bike passes tech you'll be able to ride it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts