Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i just get liability coverage only then does that mean that they will only cover the expense of me hitting someone else??
Also, is this a good idea and if not, why not? What is comprehensive coverage exactly and should i get collision and comprehensive, both or none..I appreciate the help because i just started looking at insurance and I don't understand what I should do and how it works..thanks a lot

·
Registered
66 Posts
its the same as car insurance, liability pays for the other guys damage and medical. if your bike is stolen, vandalized, wrecked its on your dime. if you have full coverage then it will be taken care of completely no matter what happens. i prsonally don't have full coverage for the only fact of pricing, i pay like 48$ a month with geico. i may raise that, now that i just hit a deer in my talon, luckily that was fully covered. its a personal thing, if you feel your accident prone or live in a place where your bike is not secure, i would go full coverage, but its your decision, you just have to have the state minimum to be legal.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
As above but the addition of comprehensive. That's in the middle and covers theft, etc. Just about everything except you wrecking the vehicle on your own. That's what I carry but understand that many companies won't offer that on a bike. Liability or full, no between. I was advised that was because of the potential for fraudulent claims. Don't know that to be true.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Yep, in NJ I don't think any company offers comprehensive. So I have full coverage.. and pay $107/month.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts