Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I need a favor.

I've found a black and silver 2001 Yamaha YZF600R with a Yoshimura R3 carbon fiber slip-on, +1 in the front. Everything looks pretty good on the bike, there's a few scratches here and there, but I rode it and it's pretty comfortable as well as being a blast to ride.

He wants 3500.00, and I made an offer of 3250.00, but haven't heard back from him today.

Everyone will this dude to call me back and accept my offer so I can finally get into this sportbike thing!

·
Registered
892 Posts
gimme half of the $250, still saves u $125 and i'll see what i can do...

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Give me the other half and I'll get a back protector.

I mean, I'll help you out.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I called him back and, taking Vash's advice, just agreed to pay the $3500.00.

He's bringing it tomorrow to my wife with the title and she's writing the check for it. It'll be Thursday before I can ride it, but I'm excited anyway.

I'll post some pics soonish!

Edit: I thought he said it was +1 in the front to make it feel a little stronger on the low end, but I'm beginning to think he either said -1, or he doesn't know what he's talking about. Does anyone know how I can tell?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Sindic said:
I called him back and, taking Vash's advice, just agreed to pay the $3500.00.

He's bringing it tomorrow to my wife with the title and she's writing the check for it. It'll be Thursday before I can ride it, but I'm excited anyway.

I'll post some pics soonish!

Edit: I thought he said it was +1 in the front to make it feel a little stronger on the low end, but I'm beginning to think he either said -1, or he doesn't know what he's talking about. Does anyone know how I can tell?
+1 will make gearing taller by about 7% it's like dropping 3 teeth off the back. -1 in front will make gearing shorter--you get the picture. find out what the stock sprocket was and look at what is on the bike.:2cents:

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
The front sprocket isnt all that hard to get too. Should just be a cover held on by 4 long bolts. You might not even have to take the fairings off. Once you get to it, just count the teeth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts