Votes: 13 3.3%
  • No way!

Votes: 178 45.4%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Based on the poll results, I see why responsible riders like myself have to pay a surcharge for our sportbike insurance.

Driving on roads is a privelege granted by the state, not a right. Why must some folks squander it at the expense of the responsible drivers?

Grow up.:finger:

·
Registered
20 Posts
If it was just me, I wouldn't run. I've thought about it, but if you run in SoCal you'll just end up on the next police pursuit TV special on FOX.

However, one time two buddies and I were riding Hwy. 166 near New Cuyama at speeds up to 110 or so, but mostly cruising at 90. CHP car appeared in front of us and hit the lights; my buddies slowed down and I kept going. Suddenly there were two CHP cars behind us, so we stopped and took the tickets. They were nice enough, but hell.

The decision we made after that was, whoever can afford the point on his license will stop; the other two will run like hell. Then we'll split the ticket 3 ways. Haven't gotten a chance to test the theory yet, though. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Riding a sportbike is inherently risky but I am willing to take the risk riding responsibly (yet swiftly).

Running from the police raises the risk factor beyond what I am willing to accept. I have 5 folks counting on me to be spouse/daddy and I think of them whenever the cops hit the lights. That thought has always made the impulse to flee disappear.

;)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
r1srfun said:
Riding a sportbike is inherently risky but I am willing to take the risk riding responsibly (yet swiftly).

Running from the police raises the risk factor beyond what I am willing to accept. I have 5 folks counting on me to be spouse/daddy and I think of them whenever the cops hit the lights. That thought has always made the impulse to flee disappear.

;)
Gee, "accountability". What a concept. You'd think the people who run from the police would be familiar with it BEFORE they end up in jail..... guess not. Oh, so if you don't get caught? Well, if you WERE being accountable for your actions, you would pull over.

The only difference between you and those who get caught is that you are a criminal on the run (Can you say "coward"? Yeah, sure, ah knew ya could....").:hurl:

·
Registered
329 Posts
StealthF2 said:
If it was just me, I wouldn't run. I've thought about it, but if you run in SoCal you'll just end up on the next police pursuit TV special on FOX.
Only if you get caught. They hate to show the cops getting their asses handed to them.:finger: :twofinger

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, I'm not sure where y'all are at chronologically back in the great state o' Texas, but out here the po-leece got them newfangled whirlybird flyin' machines, and them things is dang hard to run from, pahdnah.:D

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I guess Los Angeles County has plenty of money to operate aircraft, despite their spending millions to try to prosecute O.J. Only in L.A. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
running

I ran once cuz I was close to home in a rural area and had a planned escape route which worked perfectly..... until the next week when the same cop saw me and rode my ass all the way to my driveway where he smiled as he creeped by in the cruiser making sure I knew, that he knew, where I lived..... my first and last time running.
I've been pulled over several times... I pulled over immediatley....
Believe me... yes sir, no sir, thankyou sir, goes a LONG way. Shutting the bike off, pulling the key and raising it to show the nice officer while dismounting and removing the helmet helps too.
Give them a reason to relax, and they will. I have no tickets on my record for the motorcycle.... too bad I can't say that for my 4 wheeled rides.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You'll run in New Jersey...

Because these low life scum bastards screw you BIG TIME for a ticket. Not only do you pay the ticket but your insurance attaches a surcharge for 3 friggin years! They have this greedy ass point system that will break you!

If your over a 100 in Jersey then your ass is history anyway and running isn't that much worse. Either way your ass is done for a few years!

Running isn't like Hollywood would portray it..Its scary as shit and your knnees start knocking against your tank. I don't advise it but if I'm 100+ then I am NOT stopping!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Id prolly run if i was in the middle of nowhere and got clocked goin really fast.

But me and my friend used to get into chases all the time on our dirtbikes and we would just rip across a field. It was a fairly small town so u didn't have to worry about getting out of town quickly. I only got caught once cause this idiot that i was driving with was afraid the cop would shoot him. But i didn't even get in trouble.

·
Registered
100 Posts
qbclub13 said:
Here is a good one for you I was pulled over doing 65 in a 40 I stopped because there were to many cars coming up and it was a 2 lane road.Well the cop tells me the story of a guy on a gsxr 750 that smacked a pole runnig and killed his self his speeding ticket would have been 58 in a 45.That is around 70 bucks here in TN,He dropped my ticket to 49 in a 40 and I was on my way.He treated me with alot of respect and very kind.

I went in to pay the ticket and some of the cops were laughing at me for pulling over.That seemed to me like I was a pus for pulling over.

I will never run from a ticket for speeding it is not worth what could happen!
<------That's a damn good response...smart person...I don't think i'd run, on a sportbike things can get out of hand way to quickly..

anyone ever see that cops episode where the dude ran from the cops on a highway and pulled up onto an onramp and smacked into bus?? that's the shit i'd worry about..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Heheh. That guy was insane tho. He was goin like 100mph between cars at a stop light! Any way I wouldn't run if i was in a city. Unless it was night time, then maybe...

·
Registered
100 Posts
tech32 said:
[QUOTE}Well, I was going about 90 in a 55 and the lights came on. I had no license (expired), no insurance, no inspection, and no registration. HHHMMMMM, he was straight across from an exit ramp....hhhhmmmmm
well don't you think you shouldn't have been riding in the 1st place?

·
Registered
15 Posts
No...no way...not a chance...
There's nobody in this world who can say without a doubt that if they do something illegal, no one else will be hurt. No roads I ever saw were designed for high speed evasion. Too many t-intersections, driveways, unpredictable pedestrians, loose dogs, lost mufflers...the list is endless.
I can't think of any reason, short of just having robbed a bank, for trying to elude the MAN.
Of course, if it's a matter of maybe losing that last point on your licence, well, maybe you'd be better off walking for a while anyway.
I've washed too much blood off public roads to think that more speed is the answer to anything.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well it wouldnt be the first time i ran......

Well if you pass a cop that is stopped and you are doign 120+ just play it smart and the cop aint goina get ya... i.e. slow down and hide

·
Registered
24 Posts
actually let me clearify, i didnt run i evaded and eluded..... quick right here left there , right left, left , right.....

Only done when they are stoped and they come out after me, i might turn into a subdivision i know and make some quick truns and park it next to someones house. But i never do more that about 35 when i do that

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
i wouldn't run...i'd stay on my bike and ride really fast. my bike goes faster than my feet:twofinger

41 - 60 of 79 Posts