0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please be as opinionated and narrow minded as possible when responding.... :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
funksouljon said:
I am curious to see what everyone votes. I just want to know who to ride with!
Stop your sissy boy fairy talk! You a runner or not ?

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Alright. I will not be spoken to like that by a maidenly frenchmen with a mullet!
www.mulletsgalore.com
In the past I would run on a rare occasion if I knew I could get out of line of sight very quickly, but never with a passenger. I don't get pulled over much in Florida. Thank god I moved away from Virginia. Nowadays I wont run cause of work.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i'm not saying i never ran. but i'm not saying i have.

but today i have too many responsibilities to do that kind of crap.

i have a couple of friends i've talked about this in great detail with. one of whom said he'd never never run anymore, those days are through. not a month later, he saw a cop looked at the speedo it said 120. he yanked the gas.

i knew another guy who always talked a bunch of smack about running. when a group i knew was pulled over, he pulled over while everyone else ran.

i'm not calling people liars, but sometimes we do what we know is wrong and sometimes we don't think a situation is worth a risk we'd normally take. btw, i voted i don't run. and i like to think that's true, but it's been a couple of years since i saw blue and red light behind me.

btw, mullets rules :p NOT!!!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It all depends on the crime. If it's speeding, yes, I'd pull over. But if I had just murdered someone, I'd run like hell.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Pete said:
It all depends on the crime. If it's speeding, yes, I'd pull over. But if I had just murdered someone, I'd run like hell.
Pete, I think we can rule-out crime number one. ;)

A number of years ago (okay, last year), I did run on occasion, but I wouldn't think of doing it now. I'm not prepared to pay the ultimate price.

Not only that, but tickets are really expensive, and I can't afford to pay them.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Pete said:
It all depends on the crime. If it's speeding, yes, I'd pull over.
Hard to speed when riding up and down your driveway, isn't it Pete? :p

But if I had just murdered someone, I'd run like hell.
I'm assuming you mean you'd run on foot since we all know you don't really ride. :D And I'm figuring I'd be the one you murdered.

I don't run.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Here is a good one for you I was pulled over doing 65 in a 40 I stopped because there were to many cars coming up and it was a 2 lane road.Well the cop tells me the story of a guy on a gsxr 750 that smacked a pole runnig and killed his self his speeding ticket would have been 58 in a 45.That is around 70 bucks here in TN,He dropped my ticket to 49 in a 40 and I was on my way.He treated me with alot of respect and very kind.

I went in to pay the ticket and some of the cops were laughing at me for pulling over.That seemed to me like I was a pus for pulling over.

I will never run from a ticket for speeding it is not worth what could happen!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Normally I will stop but if the situation is right and the conditions are safe I flee. I don't like to run, but the speeds I get caught at would put me behind the iron grid. Don't get me wrong I don't speed all the time just with groups of bikes around. That makes it alot easier to get away as well.

I voted for the first one. I only run when I know I can get away.

·
Registered
12 Posts
1. i was doing 85 on one wheel passing a car in a 25mph zone. i pulled over. a 100 dollar ticket and a lecture on staying alive and i was on my way.

2. 95 in a 60 cop going the other way hits the lights and starts to cross the median. 140 faster than i could think 140 get off at the second exit. no ticket.

the point is each situation requires different actions.

"do you feel lucky?.....well do ya punk!"

·
Registered
72 Posts
one time I was stopped for 105 in a 55, there was no where to go so I put my hand up(acknowledging I knew I was fcked), pulled over and walked away with a warning. I really liked that copper

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have gone by many a radar trap at 250+ kmh. They do not even try and chase me. Is this considered running? I gotta admit that in my younger days, I used to look for cops to chase me. Never caught me even once in probably a hundred tries. These days, I always stop for a minor traffic offense (I still keep on going when I go through the radar trap at anything over 200 kmh), but my first instinct is still to get the f*ck out of there. If I was at the point where another ticket would cost me my license, I don't think I would stop and let them take it away. I am a bad man......but they can only catch me if I let them.

As an interesting aside, I just read where the Surete du Quebec just spent $7.5 million on a new helicopter (that makes 3 for the entire provincial police dept). This thing has a top speed of 214 kmh. Give me enough road, and I'll even lose that thing.:D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rossco929 said:
As an interesting aside, I just read where the Surete du Quebec just spent $7.5 million on a new helicopter (that makes 3 for the entire provincial police dept). This thing has a top speed of 214 kmh. Give me enough road, and I'll even lose that thing.:D
Am I going to see you on that french version of COPS this summer ? :D ;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I would if i had nothin to lose, but i do so i wont,unless im with a group of friends then where out like mexicans hot from TJ, that only happened maybe once or twice though.... but i had a friend that ran from the police one time and got away, but they cought his friend he was with. They both had warrents and stolen bikes so they ran.
But after they cought his friend they let him go in a couple of months, see if u dont kill or seriously injure anybody you'll be let go in no time, becuz in the LA county jail is too full 4 B.S.
and in cali(mainly L.A.) if run from the po po's and get cought u wont be in jail long if u have no priors, its sad but its a fact.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Swoop, you ride with people with stolen bikes? I know you said it was a friend of yours, but you said it like it was no big deal.

I don't know about everyone else, but any jail time is jail time, no thanks. I had to bail a friend out once for going triple digits and he wasn't even running, and they put him in jail. That's the last time I plan on going to the county jail, visitor or otherwise.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I went into Gadsen county jail (county in north florida) with an officer (as a ride-a-long) and there was some girl (17 or so) in an inmate jumpsuit walking around doing some silly job. I find out after she walks by that she is in jail waiting for trial. Her crime? Murdered her mom with a knife. And this is just jail, and I was unarmed. No thanks, jail can wait for someone else.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Actually that was a long time ago(6yrs.) when he stole that bike, and belive me fellas jail is very serious buisness to me, Nothin i like to visit, trust me.
I was sayin it like they need to do somethin about people steelin like that and only just gettin a short amount of jail time is B.S., and to me that's not a good thing!!

1 - 20 of 79 Posts