1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Yeah, I know. It shouldn't make a difference whether you're a cop or not as to getting a ticket. My father was a career cop, as is my sister and brother-in-law. But the fact is, cops ticketing other cops is considered REALLY bad form.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Ha, yeah...

Too bad I didn't benefit from this... I was too lazy one night when I wanted to go Christmas shopping to drive my car so I borrowed my then-boyfriend's cop car. I get in the Crown Vic (complete with police-oriented badges) and while sitting in a parking lot, I get FREAKING "PULLED OVER". I didn't get cited, but I did have to explain why a civilian was driving a cop car. :loser:

·
Registered
56 Posts
For a lack of bigger vocab F-that. It doesn't matter if u are any kind of peace officer or not if u get caught then u should get a ticket. That's why I don't like cops and I hate MP's(military police). The ones that are supposed to enforce the law are the biggest violaters of the law they are supposed to enforce. A cop is supposed to set the right example, who cares about it being bad form to ticket other cops, but they will ticket civilians for that same violation, that's being a damn hypocrite, it's being fake. And that one cop had the balls to say something about risking his life everyday, well then every Marine, Soldier, Seaman and airman shouldn't get a ticket either cuz if it wasn't for them then those peace officers wouldn't have a damn job!!!!!!!

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
I see you haven't commented, Vash :confused:

Once upon a time I was a programmer on many systems containing extensive identity information for over a million individuals. If I were to equate this in my terms, what if I put in a backdoor that I told all IT folks in the industry about. We're all ethical, aren't we? Surely not one of them would mis-use some of that information, would they? :rolleyes: Yeah, right.

A friend in our town knew most of the local LEOs and told me that over half were frequent law-breakers when they were in high school. Shortly after graduation they joined the force so I doubt they had a change of heart. Rather, they found a nice loophole.

All that said, I casually know a few and like them all and entrust the safety of my family to them. I suppose if I didn't I'd own some serious weaponry.

The only things I really worry about are DUIs and drug involvement in the force. I have little doubt cops get off of DUIs but I'm not sure about infiltration of drug syndicates.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does it really need a comment?

This is not a fuck the poo-lease post. There are good and bad apples out there, but it seems we've found the bad apples hang out. If you read their little intro text, its supposed to be about violations that a regular civilian would get away with, but if you read the stories, most arent what I would expect to get away with. 20 miles over the limit? Wrecking a bike while doing a wheelie on a highway? Cmon now. I mean, at least its reassuring to hear cops whine and bitch about tickets like the rest of us.

The so called professional curtecy they keep mentioning has a few other names. Old boy network. Favoritism. Chronyism. Corruption. Mind you, its some pretty low level corruption, after all we are talking about tickets here, not falsyfying murder evidence or anything like that. But it should be nipped in the bud from the start instead of being allowed to go on.

As for infiltration of drug networks, I think you already know my answer to that one. Legalize, remove the criminal element, control quality, stop wasting billions on enforcement that doesnt work, and generate billions in tax revenue that will go along way to offset the social costs (the social costs that are unlikely to increase by much with legalization). While they are at it, provide some real drug education, so people know what they are getting into.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I work with guys that get tickets when driving thier work trucks with "United States Government" plates. I was in the passenger seat when a cop pulled my friend over. He had to get on his radio to find out how to write the ticket because the plate didn't have a state on it.

He almost looked at it like a prize. F the traffic cops. I'm glad they get tickets sometimes.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Wouldn't it be an interesting little "checkup" to plant a remote camera in a bunch of police cars to see how many other cops they let off and for what. I wonder why the cameras in police cars can be shut off. I mean, what reason could they have other than to cover up things they shouldn't be doing?

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As far as I know, the cameras are on anytime their lights are on, and cannot be shut off. I suppose one can always kill their lights...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts