Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious about everyone's opinions.

FWIW, I couldn't care less. I'm not into it, but if cigarettes and alcohol are legal, you might as well make pot okay, too.

How 'bout you guys?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I hate fookin pot heads all drug users for that matter. I had a fooked up and very poor early childhood because of it. I personaly will never use any drug of any kind. Now, I'm all for personal freedom but when something can destructively take over your body, change your mental state and is addictive. It should be illegal. Don't listen to me though I'm an extreamest when it comes to this stuff:)

·
Squid
813 Posts
Legalize Marijuana,hell no. There would be a hell of a lot more bikes/riders getting smashed by cars if they did that shit.

·
Registered
873 Posts
No

(gee what a surprise huh)

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
I guess I am the odd man out here.

I personally think it should be legal. Keep in mind I have not smoked or taken any ilegal drug since July 28th 1984. Because after all, marijuana is still against the law, I like my job, and my brain is already fried enough as it is. ;)

I think alcohol is a much more destructive drug. But the government makes to much tax money from it to do away with it. Hell, if they could find a way to tax marijuana without pissing everyone off I bet you it would be legal also.

I personally think marijuana will be legal withing the next 10-20 years.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Being a bartender, and a pot smoker
;) *ducks*, I see both sides of this... In my opinion, driving under the influence of alcohol and driving while stoned, are two different things altogether.
I think it should be legal. How many potheads do you see getting into fights compared to drunk people.... Not many. The sale of food would go up as with drinks... and visine stock would go through the roof!!
Now of course, it IS a mind altering drug, and still should not be used while driving! It does slow your reaction times (although I got my best reaction time and ET drag racing the mustang at Moroso, and I was buzzed!!)

But that's another story!!
Unfortunately, there will always be someone that drinks or smokes way too much. They are the ones to watch for.. the addictive personality types... Just be careful out there!!!

·
Registered
609 Posts
I don't thing the world is ready for stoned soccer moms riding in their suv's wiping out any vehicle that gets in their way.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Well, over all alcohol and tobacco are worse for you than dope. More violent crimes involve alcohol than anything else. Tobacco is proven to kill you if you smoke your entire life. Why someone would smoke tobacco is beyond me but.... I am not one to cast stones about sh*t like that.
DUI (Driving Under the Influence) covers driving while stoned not just alcohol. Most have overlooked that fact. Why stop punishing it when caught driving just because it is legal to smoke? Just stiffen the penalties and actually enforce them (this will deter first timers and infrequent violaters). Most of the people who commit DUI are habitual so they don't care anyways. DUI violaters should have jail time. I have no tolerance for it even though several buddies have been busted for it (years ago).

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I don't know why this bothered me so, perhaps it is the self-admitted "extremist" attitude that bothers me in general, and how "extremists" effect or at least pester so many other aspects of life, but...

The_CB_Kid said:
I hate fookin pot heads all drug users for that matter. I had a fooked up and very poor early childhood because of it. I personaly will never use any drug of any kind. Now, I'm all for personal freedom but when something can destructively take over your body, change your mental state and is addictive. It should be illegal. Don't listen to me though I'm an extreamest when it comes to this stuff:)
Kyle, you spoke, I listen. I am sure this is a sensitive subject for you but I will not avoid it just because of that fact. Robert said it jokingly, I will not attach a smilely face.
If you had kids would you stop riding motorcycles? There is no doubt riding is addictive and is more dangerous than smoking pot. Have you never gone into the competition mode and hauled ass on you bike? That is an altered mental state from what you normally are in.
I know you don't have kids, a month ago were covered that you were still a virgin, unless things have changed and in that event, congrats. But lets say you have kids and you got into a wreck and died, then what? You children could later grow up and say motorcycles are dangerous, killed their father and effected their childhood and then try have them outlawed. Now the rest of us would have to put up with that for what? Their bad experience? Dude, thats stupid. If I am off base someone say something, but Kyle please check the entirety of what you said.
I will remove myself from my soap box now.
Okay, I lied. :)

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
As long as alcohol is legal, I think pot should be too.

1. It is less destructive to your body than alcohol
2. I have never met a stoned person who was belligerent.
3. People are going to smoke it anyway, so if it were legal, you would alleviate the crime associated with it (refer to alcohol during prohibition)
4. And the taxes generated could help the schools just like the Lotto has!! :rolleyes: :mad:

But I do think it should have all the same restrictions as alcohol. i.e. DUI etc.

·
Registered
741 Posts
funksouljon said:
If I am off base someone say something, but Kyle please check the entirety of what you said.
I will remove myself from my soap box now.
Okay, I lied. :)
It's just that that is a very BROAD generalization of an extreme case of drug use it seems.. Just because you smoke pot (or do whatever) does not mean that you will live that kind of life. Not everyone experiences this. That is like saying ALL sportbikers speed and do nothing but cause trouble. Which we all know for a fact that is not true. Some do and some don't.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Legalize it then tax the Hell out of it. With what you damn smokers pay for cigarrettes, I can just imagine what a pot-head would pay for a pack of Marlboro Dope Menthals. :eek:

I have never smoked pot but most of my friends did when we were in high school. Sad part is that I look back at the friends that did and the ones that didn't. The ones that didn't are all fairly successful now and the ones that did are not very successful. Probably just a coincidence. My brothers have lead fairly successful lives so there are exceptions. ;) I will add that the friends that smoked pot in high school didn't just smoke pot. They smoked it alot and they abused alcohol too. Me, I just abused alcohol. :D

·
Registered
653 Posts
Anyone that has gotten drunk before, and smoked pot before will tell you the same thing, Alcohol is much worse in so many ways. Pot I liken to something like Valium, it doesn't kill your inhibitions and change your reasoning like alcohol, at least not drastically. Also, you can't overdose on pot, where you can on alcohol and just about every other drug out there. It's damn near, safe, compared to the rest of the things that are legal.

I haven't done it in about 5-6 years, before I went into the Air Force, and won't until it's legal. I also value my life and job and my clean record with the law :D

One last note, people had mentioned that if it was legal it would cut down on crime, this is true. In addition, kind of like what I said in a different thread yesterday, about alcohol in Europe, how kids get introduced to it at a young age, so they don't abuse it near as much as Americans. I feel that if pot was legal, it wouldn't get abused, and addiction wouldn't be such a problem. Mind you I don't consider pot an addictive drug, anything that you enjoy can be addictive, motorcycling, video games, etc, but there is no chemical addiction.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'd be happy if it was just decriminalized...sending people to jail and confiscating their cars for smoking dope....Come on!!!!How friggin stupid is that????make it like a parking ticket, if you get caught doing it public or whatever...Of course all the same rules for alcohol would apply....dui....drunk and disorderly, etc....

·
Registered
263 Posts
I think marijuana is a very diffrent thing. for example my dad was genious he could have been a mathamation<sp> when he was 9 he built an AM radieo with just a techanial diagram for his parents and also built a gocart form scrach after seeing a picture in a magazine in high school he was on his way to cahange the world but in his junior year he started smoking dropped out of school a few months later and now 29 years later though he has no longer smokes as much as he used to he is barely literate has a horable memory and last week I had to show him how to find the diamater of a circle. this once mathamition could not grasp the concept of it. when some thing can take over your life and make you unknowingly put it before the needs of your famly destory your mentatly should be banned. I will never be able to respect my dad or think of him as a man. this goes for all drug users. But i do have the upmost respect for someone that was a user and was able to quit (as in roberts case).
As for the motorcycle thing no i wouldn't qut but i would make sure that they and their mother knew that it wasn't the bike that killed me it was me who killed me. and rideing will never be able to take over my life like weed can or drinking or any other drug can

a month ago were covered that you were still a virgin, unless things have changed
[/QUOTE]

i don't remeber saying that... i lost it late july.. yea me;)

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
In my experience, most of the people who destroyed their lives with drugs didn't just smoke pot. They abused alcohol or some other drug.

BTW, congrats Kyle M. on losing your virginity. I was older than you when I lost mine. Be careful, that stuff IS addictive. :eek::D

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Pete said:

John, were you talking about what your Uncle Clem did to you?
I thought, when you looked up from under my desk, that you said for me not to use your Uncle Clem nickname in the public forum. :confused: I know I told you that you didn't have to call me Mr. Bossman. :p

·
Registered
503 Posts
for me i have mixed feelings. from a legal/ethical type of standpoint i say legalize it. it is a natural substance that we do not add n e thing too. under suplement/drug laws u r supposed to be able to market & sell n e thing that is natural (it is much more complex than that of course but that is the jist).. im talking about all the herbs some people buy every day.. ie.. ginko, ginseng, willow bark, etc. many of these when combined w/other herbals can cause serious problems.. even death.. but they are not regulated (& I AM VERY AGAINST ANY REGULATION OF THEM.. JUST BETTER EDUCATION). tobacoo has additives, alcohol is processed, weed could easily be taxed. i also hate w/a passion how many laws & restrictions we have.. & think that we should be allowed to make our own choices & mistakes.

now.. i have never smoked it. but i know several people that are chronic on the chronic. they are dumb as dirt. i swear to god u have to break there iq into fractions of 1 point. & if it were legal i probably would have done it... which probably would have screwed up my life more than i already have. so for that reason i think it should remain illegal.. but reserved for medicinal purposes.

if it ever came to public ballot then i would vote yes on legalizing it.. but i fear i may regret it if it passed.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.