·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
slaintedan said:
Hey man, you've gotta take some night pictures of the lights in use!!! They look awesome!!!

ya i second that i saw your "HOW TO" post on these and i am curious to see how brite the are because i do not think i would be able to see them if i was more than 100 feet away from you......:confused:

·
Registered
282 Posts
QuickCoCo1 said:

ya i second that i saw your "HOW TO" post on these and i am curious to see how brite the are because i do not think i would be able to see them if i was more than 100 feet away from you......:confused:

LED are a kabillion times brighter than a regular bulb.

Well, maybe not a kabillion ....

·
Registered
68 Posts
first off, great Idea! The write up you did in the How-To section is top notch.

Tonight I am going to do this to my bike. I just went out and spent a total of 23.00 for all the materials. 10 LED's, (4 are 2600mcd and cost 8.00! the rest are 1600mcd), a 3 pac of 18G wire, 600 ohm resistors, and a pack of water resistant bullet connectors.

Ill start my own thread to show the finished product as I dont want to stomp on your thread.

I copied all your posts from the How-To section and put them in a single Word file and will be following that.

THanks again.

Mike

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was wondering.....

How noticeable are your lights in the day time? I got one side done last night after my kid went to sleep, but Im concernd that they wont be noticeable in the daylight.

Mike

·
Registered
68 Posts
well i regret toinform you that I have failed. after spending ALL FRIGGIN WEEKEND fighting with the LED's, I just could not get satisfactory output during the daylight. I tried lower resistors, I tried re-aiming them. I just wasnt happy withit. but at night they ROCK. well the LED's are now out of my tail, and I just moved my old signals into the brake light housing at the corners. Once again I saw some one do that in this forum. Not my idea. I just cant remember who I copied.

WellI might try the LED thing again later, but for now it is dead.

Mike:(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts