Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share that.

The second thing is:

You know those little road-reflector things (road tits or whatever you call 'em) that are about three inches around and an inch tall and separate the lanes? Well here's the hot tip of the month.

"If you have your knee down in a turn, and it's firmly planted on the tarmac, don't try to move one of those reflectors with your knee. They won't budge."

Yesterday was the second time I've ever done that. I thought I had been taught a lesson the first time (obviously not), but yesterday I was schooled. Luckily, I wasn't torn off my bike, but I did spend a few hours at the hospital, blew a meniscus and tore a ligament.

Just wanted to share some stupidity with you.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Thank you for both of those tips and hope you are ok. Are you on crutches or what? Anyway, take care and hope you are back in action soon!:)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Re: Re: Leaves Are Really Slippery...

RCjohn said:

Oh shit! How will you read the level in the test tube? :eek:

:p
ROFLMFAO

Bad John, Bad! Naughty John, Naughty Boy !!

Maybe he can use the dispersion method???

·
Registered
205 Posts
FYI....

They are called "Bot's Dots". After their inventor. Maybe it's Bott....not sure about the spelling but I am sure about the name.

-Kemosabe

P

·
0 Posts
auger said:
With your knee touching the road tits,wasn`t your upper body in the other lane?.:D........ken.
Not necessarily, if he was on a four lane highway and hit the tits dividing the two same-direction lanes. But I doubt that was the case. :D

P

·
0 Posts
Kevlar7R said:
Actually, he would still be in the other lane, just not the oncoming lane.
Shut up, Mr. Nit-Picker, "other" meant oncoming, and you know it! Quit ruining my fun. :twofinger :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Paul748S said:

You know those little road-reflector things (road tits or whatever you call 'em) that are about three inches around and an inch tall and separate the lanes? Well here's the hot tip of the month.

"If you have your knee down in a turn, and it's firmly planted on the tarmac, don't try to move one of those reflectors with your knee. They won't budge."
Been there done that....except, in my squid days I wasn't wearing leathers...just jeans...cracked my patella (knee cap for those that don't know). Funny thing is, is that it hurt really really bad but I didn't think to much about until I got to the redlight and I felt something warm oozing down my leg. My first thought was, "I hope that's not shit", but it was just a lot of blood. :crying: Still have the scars on my knee to remind me of my squid days. :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Re: Leaves Are Really Slippery...

ducoholic said:
...except, in my squid days...Still have the scars on my knee to remind me of my squid days...
Squid days, schmid days. I've been a squid for a long time, and don't plan on changing my riding habits anytime soon.:D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Leaves Are Really Slippery...

Paul748S said:

Squid days, schmid days. I've been a squid for a long time, and don't plan on changing my riding habits anytime soon.:D
Didn't say I was no longer a squid....just at that point in time I didn't know any better. Trust me, the squid in me will always be there and it shows it's tentacles from time to time. :) :eek: :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Re: Re: Re: Leaves Are Really Slippery...

ducoholic said:
Didn't say I was no longer a squid....just at that point in time I didn't know any better. Trust me, the squid in me will always be there and it shows it's tentacles from time to time. :) :eek: :D
I was joking.:) I can't imagine the pain of doing that with jeans on! I slapped it with my puck, and just that made me wanna' puke! I can see how you would have thought it was shit running down your leg. Scary!:D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Leaves Are Really Slippery...

Paul748S said:

I was joking.:) I can't imagine the pain of doing that with jeans on! I slapped it with my puck, and just that made me wanna' puke! I can see how you would have thought it was shit running down your leg. Scary!:D
Very Painful! :crying: Very Scary! :eek:

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Sorry to hear about your meniscus:( Looks like you've got the Xmas spirit, though.;) :D

·
Registered
120 Posts
If you tore your meniscus as bad as I did your looking at about three months of recovery time. For about the first month all I could do was to limp around if I had to go any place. By the second month I was in working out to build my leg back up and by the the end of the third month I was able to go back to work with a brace. Since I live in Ohio the Doc. stated it would be a good idea to wear the brace all winter to give my leg more support in that damn white shit we get around here. Good luck and hope you heal faster then I did.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts