Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I live in LA and it gets pretty damn hot here, year round...pretty hot for my thick Canadian blood eh?

Anyways, I want the best protection when I ride, but will wearing leathers for commuting and day trips be too hot for 90+ weather? Or will the wind from riding keep ya cool, and only when you're at stop lights will it be too hot?

How do textiles or other choices of protection compare to leather?

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Hmmm long story short, leather is the best protection. Textile is some protection, but good for the first few bounces. Leather will keep you safer.

As for heat, you will be hotter in leather, but you get used to it after a while and hardly notice. It's been 103 here the past few weeks, and I have worn full leathers when riding. Yeah, I was hot, but like I said, you get used to it. :2cents:

·
Registered
128 Posts
no doubt about it, leather is hot. but in the baking sun at a stop light textile is hot as well.

think of it this way: sweat washes off, road rash doesn't.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Guess where I live..? :D

We do track days in 115 degree temps with full leathers on, yes it's HOT, yes we sweat like stuffed pigs...but we at least have some protection, as you should...remember, better to sweat a little, than to have askin grafts...:D

Get leathers with alot of perforation, that'll help keep ya cooler..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts